PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally did my frame in yesterday. me and chet (metalmulisharc15) were doing this pretty decently sized double, and i the landing was actually pretty smooth (for me anyway :wink: ), but i guess the frame just couldnt take any more. the subframe cracked where the shock mount is, i knew it was gunna happen eventually, oh well i needed a new one anyway.

so im looking for a frame that has a removable (replaceable) sub-frame, just incase this happens again (it shouldnt with a chromo...), i wont have to replace the whole frame.

ive seen the red baron frame, which has a removeable sub-frame, it looks really nice, and is priced well powder coated black ($400), but would really want a red frame... does anyone know if they can come in red? and i dont want to get a bare frame and have to have it painted, just call me lazy :lol: . or if there is another frame that has a removeble subframe, and is available in red, please let me know.

ive also seen the five-0 frame, but that has an aluminum subframe, and i would be worried about that bending under the stress of the mount. i would rather just have a full cromo frame with removable subframe.

so if anyone can help me out, i would appreciate it, thanks :D

oh one more thing, is the red baron frame the new billetware standard(removable subframe), or is this just a red baron thing?

oh and p.s., here is what my bike looks like now...

you can see the bend in the frame just in front of the stock shock mount, and in the full size version you can see the cracks in the subframe...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Five O sells the Podium frame and it comes with removable subframe and I'm pretty sure they sell them in red

EDIT:eek:ops, didn't see the thing you wrote about Five O

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked out xr50.com, they have some nice deals. that candy red factory metal frame is sweet but it says nothing about having the removable subframe, that is the main thing im looking for, being red is just kinda a bonus.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
go to www.xr50racer.com and then go to frame and suspension. They have the RB frame there and it comes in Red and has the removable subframe

EDIT: it doesn't say anything about the removable subframe bit if you look at the pic of the black RB frame you can see it has a removable subframe

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya thats the one i saw on the rb site, but im not sure if its a mistake on xr50racer.com that it lists it in red, because on the red baron site it is only listed in unfinshed and black...

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
the 5o podium frames got a problem. ive seen it on two different installs now, the seat bolts in the back are about a 1/2 inch too far back. you have to strech the plastics to fit! also the removable subframe sticks out kinda far and with a procurcut pipe it doesnt fit. just lettin everyone know :lol:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Why don't you just get one powdercoated?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dont know i just dont want to deal with getting it powdercoated after it comes in, i just want to get it and put it back together... i know wierd, but i want to just get it over with.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hey thor....welded sub frame might be better...with a removabe one the force on ur shock mount could wreck it just like ur stocker....with enough force it could pivot on the bolt that holds the sub frame making it easier to bend up.....might wanna think bout it. or buy a bare one and just weld a shock mount on it with chromo plates....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.