PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe i have to ask this question. But it has been a while since I adjusted my valves. So I get out this feeler guage and notice the thin blades start out as .005 and then it has .127mm right under that. Then of course it goes up from there... .006 blah blah. So what to a set my valve clearance at? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2001 xr50. I am just getting confused on the readings on gauge. Which number is mm? .005 or .127? Do I need to get another feeler gauge? I can't remember what the clearance is for my valves. I could have sworn I used .005 last time I checked them. But is that inches or mm? Damn :roll:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
sydeshowbob said:
2001 xr50. I am just getting confused on the readings on gauge. Which number is mm? .005 or .127? Do I need to get another feeler gauge? I can't remember what the clearance is for my valves. I could have sworn I used .005 last time I checked them. But is that inches or mm? Damn :roll:

pretty sure the .005 on ur feeler gauges are in inches, and the .127 is in mm

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8O hehehe... ooops... kryki. I new it.. someboudy told me the other way around and I was like, ' i know this can't be right'. Well I suppose I need to go get another gauge, since mine starts at .005 inches. Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.