PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what would be the best set up for the 110, I was think TBR stage 3 kit with a stage 4 head And crowers stroker crank? Along with a hydraulic clutch? Maybe port the head, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
MpR Crower does not use the 134cc witch is a 58mm piston he uses 60mm piston to get a 160cc.The stage 3 kit has a 58mm piston add 6mm stroked crank you will only get 150cc. Both kit will need some machineing done. The Stage 4 Head Kit cant tell you how they work I have some on order for 4 weeks and still no word yet.

:: edit ::

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The Stage 3 kit is incredibly fast I can only imagine how fast it is with the head..anymore could be overkill. I clocked my bike at 64 mph and it has loads of torque. (Stage 3 kit with T-4)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just wondering have any of you actully rode one of the 160 motors??? Everyone I have talked with since last year havent had one running. I know that PPS racing was working on a kit an my old service manager bought one of their pistons that made it a 160cc bore only. He has yet to put it in a bike though since it requires some custome machine work possibly even a different rod. I have the original Pitboss 130 piston from Joel Albrecht which is 13.8:1 compression Logan Built ported head custom cam custom intake manifold CRF150 carb custom exhaust 4th gear an full manual clutch. Now I can tell you that this thing really hauls A** there isnt much around that can compare to it, but I still havent ridden a 150cc or bigger kit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Big Minis has a kit and strokes their engine to make it a 150. I will be getting mine in January. I will let you know how it rides. Also, the BBR Carmichael bike is a 160 and has a review in Dirt Rider this month, and BIg Minis whad a write up in last months pit races mag, as welll as Jan Dirt Rider.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I dont know if the BBR 110 is actully a 160 as Dirt Rider quoted, but that is the bike that Kyle rides all the time. He actully races his BBR 50 in alot of the mid size races up here at least. The last BBR indoor pro challenge last month he rode the 110 in practice then chose to ride the 50 in the race, he said his 50 was way faster.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ride a 110 that is done up to a 150cc just like Pax Racing and Big Minis uses. I love this bike has so much power. I went up on the gearing so now I can use the 4th gear.This bike gets the best hole shot.

Racerguy381-You were saying your friend still has to get his cases machined for his 160 kit. Here is a place that does the machineing for people that already have a 134 kit or the bigger piston and want stroke the crank and machine the cases to make it a 150cc or 160cc with out starting over from the begining.

http://www.paxracing.com/klx110motor.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.