PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of putting a fast50s frame w/sa on my fiddy. do you know if its a 1"+ frame or stock length. The frame I know is 1" longer but they do not say about the frame

Thanks

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Correct. The fast50s frame is stock length. I really wouldn't advice this frame, I had Kyles old fast50s frame on my bike and it bent. It didnt stretch, just it was bent somewhere in the middle. Showed sign of the shrouds sticking out on the tank at the top.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am not biased to any company. I believe the fast 50's frame and swingarm are very good products. They designed their frame and swingarm to be tough and as near to stock as possible. The wheel base will be shorter compared to the the other brands.. but that is a good thing when you are turning. It just turns faster. Remember .. the taller and longer the bike gets.. the more it does not handle like the little 50's we bought in the first place. My frame is +1 and the swingarm is +2. If I were to buy again.. it would be fast 50's stuff. I just like the ride of a shorter 50 better. Its all up to what you like and what you are using it for. :lol:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Fast50's swingarm isn't even chromoly, its mild steel. I wouldn't trust anything but aluminum or chromoly for my swingarm, let alone a cheap imitation metal. The thing that pisses me the most about him, is that he passes it off as chromoly and people pay for chromoly, when its actually mild steel.

scammer

·
Registered
438 Posts
camMCLEAN said:
Fast50's swingarm isn't even chromoly, its mild steel. I wouldn't trust anything but aluminum or chromoly for my swingarm, let alone a cheap imitation metal. The thing that pisses me the most about him, is that he passes it off as chromoly and people pay for chromoly, when its actually mild steel.

scammer

I had this very conversation with a customer yesterday. I tried to tell him he was misinformed but he swore they would not lie about it. So I told him to ask him outright, is it mild steel or 4130 CROMO.

sydeshowbob

The longer we make a 50 the more stable it gets at high speed. the longer wheelbase is not goinig to let you turn as sharp in theory, but when the Frames are made that are +1 the corrections were made and it lets it turn fairly sharp fue to a change in steering head angle.

If you ride a fast 50 no pum intended, or better yet a 50 that hauls ass, you will learn to love the length of a bike 2-3 inches longer then stock. I could not imagine going around a big bike motocross track in third gear tapped with any hsorter of a wheelbase then I currently have.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I personally like my bent-to-hell stock frame and my fast 50s swingarm, along with the blown works shock combo. Like 3 inches maybe less of travel and its only good over rocks the size of my thumb. But the bike turns alright i guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmmmmm... then I may stand corrected. If that is the case ( mild steel ... instead of 4130 cro-mo) then... damn.. what a shame. I guess I was better off with what I have not then. Isn't that false advertisement, and warranting some type of lawsuit in the future. Thanks for the info.

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
xr50racer said:
...but when the Frames are made that are +1 the corrections were made and it lets it turn fairly sharp due to a change in steering head angle.

so they do change the angle? are all the aftermarket +1 frames like this? do they all have the same angle or do they differ at all? when i get a frame i would like one with a steep angle to compensate for my bshells. so which (if any) frames are like this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
what is the angle of the stock vs. the sano cromo frame........mine seems to have a lesser angle than the stock one........its brand new so it cant be bent.........just curious....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.