PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant offored them yet but has anyone here ever ridden with them? Are they compariably to forks like bombshells or are they more like sp5s? I kinda like them because it looks like it keeps the seat height pretty low becuase i want to still keep my 50 small.(im only 5'2 so small for me is different then small for you bigger peoaple.lol) I probaly wont be geting forks like that for a year or so but it doesnt hurt to start thinking now 8) If i get that much money ill proabaly just get stavrons but i dont know if i want my 50 to be that tall or not. I just brought this up becuase two wheel tuesday is on and they have a 50 with the speed forks and they look pretty nice.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have ridden them. They suck on choppy motocross style tracks but are perfect on backyard supercross style tracks. I am pretty sure they just recently fixed the seal problem and i also believe that you can get models with longer suspension. They look nice and ergonomically work extremely well with up to a +3 inch longer chassis. I think i'd rather take them than the old bbr forks but I haven't used the sp5s.......

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dhanson96 said:
I have ridden them. They suck on choppy motocross style tracks but are perfect on backyard supercross style tracks. I am pretty sure they just recently fixed the seal problem and i also believe that you can get models with longer suspension. They look nice and ergonomically work extremely well with up to a +3 inch longer chassis. I think i'd rather take them than the old bbr forks but I haven't used the sp5s.......

The track i ride on is hard pack with no bumps just jumps. Its alot like a bmx track because its so hard packed. From what dhanson96 said they sound like they might work pretty good for me. The only thing is im not very heavy so would they be way to stiff for me? I only way 105-110 pounds.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='"mxboy57"

you can move the stavs. up in the tripple clamp so they will not make your bike AS high[/quote']

Can you move them up high enough top be atleast close to level with a stock swingarm with a i shock/works?

I wouldnt be able to get the stavs and shock and swingarm at the same time.

Thats kinda another reason why the fast 50s sound good for me.....becuase they would be close to even with a stock swingarm and I shock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.