PlanetMinis Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I wouldn't be surprised. The problem is, I'm still used to that shift pattern. It takes forever for me to get used to going 4up on my Apollo. The original engine was 1 down, 4 up, anyway. Not like I really tried to keep it the same, though. This was just the cheapest 140cc engine I could find. Suits my needs, though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
New brake setup arrived (orange caliper)

This fixed two issues, as the bleeder made it difficult to install the caliper on the first setup, and I now have my shorter bracket. I'll find something to do with the first setup.
Product Bicycle part Font Gas Auto part

No progress this week, as it's been hectic. My oldest kiddo graduated highschool today, and the week has been trying to handle all that. And, my cousin is throwing a housewarming party at his new house in NC. So, there's the weekend. Lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Fate does not smile upon me during this process. Lol. I need, yet a shorter bracket. I also need to center the caliper on the rotor. So close, yet so far.

Helmet Sports equipment Bicycle tire Luggage and bags Automotive lighting
Wood Machine tool Gas Bumper Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood Gas

The frustration is real. I also found the noise in the engine. I think the pickup on the stator was hitting the flywheel. I spun it to see if it cleared, which it did, but I guess centrifugal forces took up that little bit of clearance.

Oh well. I have to keep pushing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I've been seriously slacking on this project. Went to Gingerman during the 11th-12th. That's a long drive from Ga. lol. Had a good time. I'll post screen shots of the pictures from the photog, because I was only in about 18 pictures for the whole weekend, and I didn't like a lot of them. (I'd usually buy pictures, but since the amount of pics were so low, and I didn't really like any of them, I just figured I'll deal with the watermarks)

I'm trying to find time to work on the bike. Couldn't this weekend, because the little one's birthday was this weekend, and was busy with that. And body pains kept me up till 4 am, so Sunday was spent sleeping. And, barely got any of that, due to a very active 8 year old. Might just move the bike inside the house, so I can be more inspired to work on it. Ahh, the wonderful life of a single man. lol.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts