PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
well for starters the kit from tb includes a piston gaskets and intake. The one you see there on ebay is the head and that is it. The 134 upgrade kit from tb is sweet because you can bore the 58mm into the stock cylinder and you get the intake so you can buy a true vm26 from pax for 100. So far 350 you have a 134 racehead with a better carb than tb gives you with their kit.

·
Registered
921 Posts
That's a good price but it's not like it's $50 or something. TB only retails the head for $275 in the first place.

Their retailers also sell it for $275. There HAS to be built in profit for the retailers. I recently had my TB head fail. TB woudn't warrenty it, but the shop I bought it through offered me a discount, say it was 10%. $27. Brings you to $250ish, but the shop still has to make money. So you figure a small shop is probably buying them for not much more than $200 with all the bits (cam, rockers, gaskets, whatever else).

Strip out the extras, sell the cam individually for, say $50, rockers for $10/pair save the rest for shop stock, and suddenly the guy is making plenty of money.

If it's a bigger shop, I'll bet they get everything a hell of a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
73 Posts
sweetjeep said:
That's a good price but it's not like it's $50 or something. TB only retails the head for $275 in the first place.

Their retailers also sell it for $275. There HAS to be built in profit for the retailers. I recently had my TB head fail. TB woudn't warrenty it, but the shop I bought it through offered me a discount, say it was 10%.

Hi,

Please let me know who your dealer is because no dealer ever contacted us about a failed Klx head? I can be contacted at [email protected]

RcWannabe - the Mikunis carbs are VM26s from Mikuni - Not sure how they can be classified as not "true" and they work great.

Thank you,

Mike

·
Registered
921 Posts
To anyone curious..

I have spoken to Mike @ Trail Bikes about my failed head. As noted above, they sought me out, not I to them. Although ironically, now I wish I had spent the time to check in with them.

What I did to was call/e-mail Vince at TBolt asking about getting it repaired or warrantied. He basically lied to me and told me TB said "go screw", he was kind enough to offer me a discount on a new head.

Having spoken with TB directly, Mike (at TB) said Vince never called/mailed them. In reality they are very interested in getting the head returned so they can perform a check to see what happened. I don't know if the head is going to be repaired or a new one issued or if no action will be taken, but frankly, I am disgusted at Tbolt (AGAIN) and really quite surprised at the attention TB is offering.

Just a heads up to whomever is reading this..

·
1,973 Posts
I have never heard anything bad about dealing directly with Mike at TB. He has always been one of the most supportive people in the industry and works very hard to be sure customers are taken care of. He would do the same for dealers that are having customer issues so any laziness on their part just shows who they are looking out for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.