PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres something joker makes that attaches to it to make it bigger longer, but its like 30 40 dollars, id just put down an extra 20 and get the whole whole reeg setup. i woder if there is a way to easily make it longer, or just stick out more

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
ive had a problem with extended brakes...

there awesome if you bike never gets laid over, mine likes to be on its side. the brake can easily get hooked from under the pegmount, i hate that(worst desighn aspect imo)

thatjoker thing just widens the pedal(making it catch on anything)

NOTE TO COMPANYS; A FOLDING BRAKE, OVER THE PEGMOUNT!

pleeese,

stanton.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
ummmm...did you not read my post???

take the stock one to a muffler shop and they can have it done in five minutes. why spend 40 bucks on jokers crappy extender. just extend the stocker.....yea its not as durable but who cares...10 bucks for the lever and 5 bucks for the extension.

is this post visible to you??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, well thanks for explaining that I could take it somewhere and have it done, I wasn envisioning trying to weld for the first time and setting my garage on fire.

WHat I want to know is WHY can you get a longer folding shifter for $15 and not a longer folding brake lever for about the same. I know there is prob a little more metal involved but really $40-50 more?

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
i wasnt gettin on your case....redrider acted like i never posted my post........

but if your looking to save money...do what i said....if you wanna pay the 65+ for a brake lever...go ahead.

no idea why they are so exspensive other than the fact that they are made for the fiddy and only that where as the shifters have been around for years.....the levers also have the cage to be made....might be another reason its more.....i dont think that aftermarket levers should cost more than 30-40 bucks......65+ is just plain stupid.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I was lucky enough to have a good friend extend my stock one Like PIMIN had mentioned but for free .

I had it made extra long so I could cut it down to the proper length that fits me :wink: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.