PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a Takegawa pipe on my ZB - it has a very small muffler and is too loud for my taste. I have the 190 motor in the ZB so I want something that flows well, but I'd like a bigger muffler to quiet it down a bit. A friend has the same Takegawa pipe on his 150cc ZB and its too loud with that motor as well, so its not just the 190 making it loud. I'm tempted to just weld a different muffler onto the Takegawa pipe but I looked on webike and there's a lot of fairly cheap low pipes that should fit a ZB. Most are Over Racing brand, and some others thrown in, including a nicer looking Takegawa Bomber than the old version I must have. Note the Takegawa is JMCA certified, so it may be overly restrictive to get to the 91dB it claims. But if the 91dB is on a stock 50cc engine, maybe not...

https://japan.webike.net/ps/monkey+r/#!search&p.ref=product-search-es&p.rows=24&p.k=monkey r&p.p=1&p.sk=0&p.c=1001

Wondering if anyone has tried any of these pipes and if so, how loud are they and do they seem to flow well enough on your motor?

Thanks for any info,
Billy

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
esop_P1270004.jpg

Mine has a kitaco muffler and a 3/4" diameter head pipe (stock is 1/2"). Sounds nice with a 125cc Loncin engine. Throaty but not obnoxiously loud.

esop_P2150001.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts