PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to check it out tommorow but this is what happened.........i tok the exhaust pipe off and lost the metal ring that goes in the head before you put on the exhaust again.... so just for a little while i put on some silicone sealant and it made a cracking sound coming out of the head when i started it or reved it when it was cold.???? wel now i puit the metal ring back on (got a new one) and its still doing the same thing...i cant figure it out....any help? or has this happened to anyone before? i have a tb 88cc bbk with race head and carb....tb manuel clutch and tb rev booster... any help? thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yehh thats what i lost at first the metal gasket for it so i put some silicone sealent on it and it was craking and now even when i put the metal gasket in it still cracks..??

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yehh we made sure the head gasket wasnt blown.. and i its not really silicone....i dont kno wat its callled but it was used on cars for sealing exhaust connectors.i just called it silicone cause it was kinda close

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no we tuned the carb...i waas thiniing its the silicone heating to fast and poping...so im going to clean it all off really good..........yehh its not really silicone....its kinda like a high temp silicone that you use for sealing crakson motors and exhaust on cars....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had the same problem working on my buddy's bike last week. We just put the 88SE motor on and it was popping like crazy even with the exhaust ring. We found out the problem was the SE head was longer and when we tighten the muffler at the back of the frame, it pulled the header a little and wouldn't allow it to seat. We drilled out the hole on the muffler mount to elongate the hole. We tightened the header down first and then made sure the muffler mount lined up and tightened it. Problem solved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.