PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I put one of my engines together finally, and I got it running, but there is a pretty serious exhaust leak that is rather annoying. How do you get that half moon spacer to seal properly? I have an exhaust gasket in there, but it seems like no matter what you do, the half moon thingy is going to leak. Am I an idiot or is there a better solution?

·
Registered
428 Posts
are you talking about the header? it could be one screw tightened and the other loose. Other than that I dont know what else it could be.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am talking about the header. There is those half moon spacers that go in between the head pipe and the exhause gasket, and I am wondering if my leak is coming from the sides of the half moon things?

Nevermind, I am a moron. I had the half moon thingy in between the flange and the motor.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, I feel like such a dumbass. I realized my errror as soon as I typed it out, but couldnt figure it out while looking at the bike. Can someone delete this thread so I dont look like such an idiot? I still have an exhaust leak though, but I am sure a new gasket will solve it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts