PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a clapped out 70 for my kids to learn on and it needs a new cylinder/piston.
I want to balance cost with getting it back running so the kids can keep having fun. As I see it, my options are:
I'm leaning towards the 88cc kit as it appears to be the best value/performance/quality combo, but would love to save $100 and just go with the ebay top end and put that money towards some gifts under the tree.
There are lots of other vendors selling top end kits at similar prices, I've had a good experience with TB in the past so thats why they are on top of my list.
Am I missing any other options?
What would you do?

·
Super Moderator
9,861 Posts
IMO, the TrailBikes (TB Parts) 88 kit is the best buy, a good quality kit at a reasonable price. 99 out of 100 times, the cheapo eBay kits have multiple model listings that are usually incorrect, and do not necessarily work on the bike you have.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You get what you pay for. More importantly, think about someday if you ever re-sell the bike. China parts will deter some buyers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, think i'm going with the full cam/carb/bb kit to future proof this bike since the kids don't stop growing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts