PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mostly stock 03 KLX110 with stock motor. I've already done my suspension, and little add-ons like bars, etc. I now want to get into upgrading the motor, but I have no idea what the best bang-for-the-buck is. From reading, it looks like a TB 143se kit is popular.

I plan on riding mostly on the supermoto trackdays (no real racing), and some little trails. Will ride it in the fields at my house some also. Obviously, I don't need a ton of power, but I want more than it has stock. I don't want to spend a ton of money on it either (hundreds ok, thousands not so much). It needs to be reliable and fairly low maintance.

I am not very knowledgable about building these little motors, so I would prefer something easy to purchase and mount in or bolt on.

What are my most obvious options, and general cost.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Get a Trail Bikes 143 kit with the cam, intake and VM26 carb. I think they are about $350 for that kit. Or spend a little more and get the kit with the race head. Add a pipe and the bike should be reliable and have plenty of power to have fun on. You could get a 37 (or so) tooth rear sprocket for more pull, but you would loose top speed on the supermoto track.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no way to bore the cases though. I think I need something ready to bolt on, or buy an already built motor. The YX sounds like a good bit of work that I don't know of anyone around here being able to do.

·
Registered
341 Posts
DavidGS said:
I have no way to bore the cases though. I think I need something ready to bolt on, or buy an already built motor. The YX sounds like a good bit of work that I don't know of anyone around here being able to do.

Pax Racing does a great job boring the cases for pretty cheap. Im currently building a 172 stroker and have less than $600 bucks into it so that may be another option.

-nate

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yea I was somewhat curious about that too. I currently have the 143 Big bore kit with cam and upgrade stuff from TBR. But I am thinking of just adding the 143 Race Head kit from TB that has the cam and new 143 piston kit included. Already have the big bore pipe and 26mm carb on it. Just looking for a bit more power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts