PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
motor swap!

I feel a big bor is the way to go but im not sure what size 8)

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah my buddy has the hyper 88 kit and mine has 75cc kit . His bike flat outruns my bike no problem and for about 430 bucks you cant beat it

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
well I'll tell ya' dis mah' buddie gots a stock xr70 and dere be about dree uh us dat gots xr50 wid 82, 85 ,and some 88 big bo'es and we all smoke him uh de line in longa' runs he gots'ta start t'catch down wid de 82 bigbo'e also de 70 wid some bigbo'e gots'ta stait down hall some ass it gots a longa' gear ratio dan fiddy and some betta' haid holla

·
Registered
51 Posts
KAOS said:
well I'll tell ya' dis mah' buddie gots a stock xr70 and dere be about dree uh us dat gots xr50 wid 82, 85 ,and some 88 big bo'es and we all smoke him uh de line in longa' runs he gots'ta start t'catch down wid de 82 bigbo'e also de 70 wid some bigbo'e gots'ta stait down hall some ass it gots a longa' gear ratio dan fiddy and some betta' haid holla
huh???? :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
KAOS said:

Well I'll tell you this much. My buddy has a stock xr70 and there are about three of us that have xr50 with a 82, 85, and some 88 big bores and we all smoke him on the line, but in longer runs he starts catching the 82 big bores, also the 70 with the some big bores has to strait down hall some ass. Its got a longer gear ratio then the 50 and some better ,,,, i dunno what the haid holla means.

I tried my best anyways.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jibberish

KAOS said:

What is with the Jibber jabber? :?: :?: :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmmmmmmm.. does anyone her speak JIVE? "excuse me stewardess... Um.. I speaka da JIVE." hehehe

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yes the XR70 motor fits in the XR 50 it is the same motor but it has a 72cc piston/cylinder and the bigger vavle head . my susgestion is if you have a XR 70 motor just remove the head and buy yourself a high compression 88cc piston kit (the S stage takagawa piston is too low of a compression ratio for the big head) and get yourself a 20mm carb and a cam and you will be spanking your friends 88's with there stock heads

Hope this helps

·
Registered
438 Posts
SkinDonor said:
Yes the XR70 motor fits in the XR 50 it is the same motor but it has a 72cc piston/cylinder and the bigger vavle head . my susgestion is if you have a XR 70 motor just remove the head and buy yourself a high compression 88cc piston kit (the S stage takagawa piston is too low of a compression ratio for the big head) and get yourself a 20mm carb and a cam and you will be spanking your friends 88's with there stock heads

Hope this helps

id be looking more towards a 22 or 24mm carb

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I agree a 22mm or 24mm carb will work but it makes the motor run a little fat and you don't get the snap like the 20mm carb. leaner is better for mid and top end power .

But this depends on the weather now that it is getting cooler there is more oxygen in the air so you have to rejet your carb or you will spitting flames out your tail pipe and toasting your exhuast valve

Hey XRracer when is your new site going to be up?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
BIGGER CARBS AND OTHER MODS

HEY,

STOCK CARB, PROPERLY JETTED IS GOOD UP TO 88CC LITE BORE

STOCK HEAD NO HEAD MOD. RIGHT GEARING ON SPROCKETS.

18MM IS OK PROPERLY JETTED ON 88CC LITE BORE STOCK AND WITH

HEAD MODS LITE PORTING, AFTER MARKET HEAD (BIGGER VALVES)

18MM GETS GOOD LOW END TO MIDRANGE CHOOSE A GOOD CAM.

DONT GO ABOVE A R.V. OR TOURING CAM.

20 MM CARB, PROPERLY JETTED IS GOOD ON 88CC PORTED HEAD,

MATCHED INTAKE, OR AFTER MARKET HEAD, TOURING CAM, 20MM INTAKE(SAME DIAMETER ON BOTH ENDS). RIGHT GEARING ON

SPROCKETS 15/37 OR 15/38 PULLS GOOD ALL THE WAY THOUGH.

22 OR 24MM 88CC EXTREME MODS INTAKE AND BIG VALVE HEAD

TOURING OR RACE CAM MID TO TOP END PULLS HARD UP TOP

22 OR 24MM CARB PROPERLY JETTED, SUPER HEAD, RIGHT CAM

COMBO AWSOME POWER ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE TOP PULLS

HARD (HANG ON NO KIDDING!!!) RIGHT GEARING

GOOD MOD (CLASSIC HONDA SUPER CLUTCH) 139.00

AWSOME MOD ( CLASSIC HONDA 3 SPEED GEAR CHANGE) "CHANGES

YOUR FIRST GEAR SO YOU CAN USE IT A LITTLE TALLER, SECOND GEAR

STAYS THE SAME, AND THIRD IS A LITTLE TALLER MORE TOP END"

I RECOMEND IT . BIG DIFFERENCE ON 88CC UP..... 215.00

DONT GO WITH A 5 SPEED TRANNY ITS OVERKILL !!! FIDDIE TRACKS

ARE NOT THAT LONG THERE TIGHT SHORT STRAIGHTS,

3 SPEED AUTO OR CLUTCH SETUP IS THE BEST THE RIGHT GEAR IS THE

KEY. A CLUTCH SET UP IS GOOD OFF THE LINE, AN ADVANTAGE THE DRIVE OUT OF THE CORNERS IS KEY... CORNERS ARE THE KEY IN AND OUT AS FAST AND SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE...... AN ART!!!!

5 SPEED ON THE STREET OR ON SOME TOTALLY SICK TRICKED OUT

OUT OF CONTROL 124CC TWIN CAM "ONLY ROCKIFFELER CAN AFFORD"

ALL KINDS OF MENTAL OUTLAW BIKE GET THE PICTURE!!!!

THANKS FOR READING AND YOU TIME OLDSCHOOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.