PlanetMinis Forums banner

Engine dies out when pulling in clutch

976 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  110rider 
#1 ·
When I pull in the manual clutch on my Xtreme 107 the engine dies out. This happens in neutral or when moving and changing gears. The only way to keep it from dying is to rev the engine while shifting. Once in gear and moving the engine runs fine at least until the next shift and the clutch is pulled in. The idle is set properly. The clutch does not seem to be slipping.

Any suggestions?

#3 ·
pocketspeed said:
If you give it gas while you are shifting does it still stall? Does it idle properly? Is it a stock engine/carb? It might have a bad air-fuel ratio (jet) at lower RPMs.

Does it stall as soon as you pull in the clutch or after it gets down to low RPMs?

I have to give it a lot of gas to prevent it from stalling while shifting. The bike will idle properly all day long .... until I pull in the clutch. It does have a 114 bore kit and 26mm carb.

I should have stated earlier, this is not a new set up, it ran all last season with this set up.

#5 ·
I know on the trailbikes manual clutch kit that the clutch nut can back off time and again from the lock washer tabs breaking on the high hp motors. When the nut backs off the basket comes out and causes the engine to die. you may want to check you clutch basket. I am not sure do to the fact that I have never opened up a 107 but just thought i would chime in with what I have found on the tb kit.

#12 ·
if this motor is the same type as a crf50 or knock off, whats hapening is when pull the clutch it is probably pushing the whole crankshaft to the left. the way to tell for sure is take the stator side cover off, leave the right side cover on, pull in the clutch and watch the flywheel(if it moves to the left) somthing is loose. If you have not changed anything latley, then is possible the motor is just worn out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.