PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my z155 back together last night for vegas. It runs but it makes a horrible clicking noise in the head and has more compression than a 450. I weigh about 160lbs and i can stand with both feet on the kickstarter and it wont budge. It's not locked up it will kick over and run and it runs good has lots of power. Any ideas? Im already singed up for vegas and don't have an extra bike.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and also the valves are adjusted perfect Ive been through the whole head everything is perfect, it's timed right, i checked the clutch and oil slinger for loose parts. The only thing left i can think of is piston slap?

Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
yeah that should not of done anything...I was thinking u may have the valves hitting the piston from installing a higher compression piston

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I did a thread on a 160 that I built into a 184 makeing a clicking LOUD. Ive tore it appart 10 times and nothing was hitting. It quieted down after a couple rides. If the valve timeing is correct ride it. So you never even had the piston out of the jug?? Ride it...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The piston has been out of the jug before. But I checked the piston and cylinder for wear from piston slap and they both look perfect. And it probably has 30min on it since the noise started.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts