PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that my monkey has e23 head and i am thinking of getting 88 cylinder and want to know if this head is fine with 88 cylinder? i know that i also need hv oil pump, bigger carb ( 20mm?) with an air filter and better exhaust but want to know also if i need to upgrade my original manual clutch system also. bike has also original 4 gear transmission but the fourth gear is making noise and im thinking of replacing it but dont know where to find these or maybe i can fit some other gears there that might fit aswell like jialing 125 or something?:rolleyes: bike is z50jm finnish edition

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You're saying you need a high-volume oil pump, larger carb, better exhaust and want to know whether you need to upgrade the clutch...for what use? What are you going to do with the bike?

I'm not the top authority on these things, but I'm unaware of anything called an E23 head and would guess that you mean E22. That's a basic design of head but like Honda heads, you could have a 50cc-type combustion chamber or larger, 70cc-type dome. Pistons are available to work with either in a 52mm cylinder (88cc), but you need to know what you have. Photos of the combustion chamber and ports would help here.

As regards your other questions, more info is needed on what you want to do. It's entirely possible that you wouldn't need a high volume oil pump at all, or any fancy clutch parts, and carb/exhaust choice will depend on head/ports/valve sizes/compression/cam choice/intended riding etc. etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts