PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just spent the day wrenching on the bike,

installed the e22 head with the domed piston...I put the whole thing back together and the minute you kick it to start it the idle shoots all the way up...I mean it revs the tits off itself and you have to shut it off

so here is where it gets interesting...I double check everything to make sure there are no air leaks and my throttle cable is 100% and it all checks out. So I play with the needle and it gives me the same response..the more I turn in the idle mixture screw in the higher it revs..even with the idle screw all the way out...

now if I lean it out the idle slows down but it runs like poop..

i am running a 18mm carb with an e22 with a stock exhaust with a hollow tip... (i was running the ultima jr but not in my neighborhood where I was working on it) I tried the other exhaust no difference just more noise...

if someone could give me a hand it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
sounds like the carb slide is in backwards. try turning it 180 to see if it drops further in to the carb. Other than that nothing you changed should cause the idle to rev that high.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
You have two adjustments on the carb.

1. Idle Adjustment

2. Air adjustment

If you adjust the air screw, it will adjust your A/F ratio from idle to 1/4 throttle.

If you adjust your idle screw, it will adjust the RPM's on which your bike idles at.

If you can't get the bike to idle down with the idle screw, you either have the slide in backwards, or it's not seating down far enough in the carb. Idle has no relation to how your bike runs.

Do this. Remove your air filter and look into the back of the carb to make sure the slide is all the way down. Sometimes different throttle cables are too short to work with certain carbs.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

z88R said:
You have two adjustments on the carb.

1. Idle Adjustment

2. Air adjustment

If you adjust the air screw, it will adjust your A/F ratio from idle to 1/4 throttle.

If you adjust your idle screw, it will adjust the RPM's on which your bike idles at.

If you can't get the bike to idle down with the idle screw, you either have the slide in backwards, or it's not seating down far enough in the carb. Idle has no relation to how your bike runs.

Do this. Remove your air filter and look into the back of the carb to make sure the slide is all the way down. Sometimes different throttle cables are too short to work with certain carbs.

Let us know what you find out.

I really appreciate the help z88r

I have done about four big bore kits already but for some reason this one was a real pain in the arse..(mainly because I was trying to teach a buddy how to do it)

ths slide was screwed up like you guys said...I guess I should triple check everything...but I was so damn hyped to ride the thing I just wanted to get it done..

well thanks for the help it is well appreciated... :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hows the head?

I am looking to get a head for my 88c kit and the E-22 head looks really appealing but i dont want to put cheap parts on my bike and for the price it looks like there kinda cheap. but the question is do they perform? I mean for under 75$ or what ever you can get a head then u need to find a piston. Just wondering since so many people are gettin the E22 thing if there worth it over like a trail bikes head?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.