PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got my 06 TTR-125 electric start and it runs great and starts up right away when the motor is hot, or when it's been started in the same day. But when it doesn't run for a day or two, it takes a long time to start up. I've tried kicking it also, but it does nothing, not even a hint. After about 30 seconds of trying, it'll slowly start up. Whats up with this?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The TTR is jetted very LEAN from the factory.

Even if the bike is completely stock, you would do yourself better by going up 2 sizes on the pilot jet.

It'll have better throttle response but most important.

It will start WAY EASIER.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, go up on the jetting like dood says, these things are severly cold blooded.

Another way is using a kx 65 carb which is a Mikuni 24mm roundslide carb. You will have to re-jet, but once you do it will start right up.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, glad to hear it is just a carb issue. I'm getting my BBR carb kit and exhaust in the mail today, and will be boring it to a 150 shortly so I think I'll just leave it until I build the motor. Thanks guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went up 1 on the main jet as well. Always heard using an XR200 carb was the ticket, now the KX 65 carb works too? Good deal, thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts