PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
The intake and slide setup on that dual carb kit likely kill any gains, but that doesn't mean the idea doesn't have any merit... I got to see an XR200 OEM twin carb setup today, and it's pretty close to what I had in the back of my head, telling me it's got potential. Weather or not I can rig a comperable setup for a mini, no idea, but that won't stop the gears from turning for awhile. : )

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
TankTheory said:
That turbo kit interests me..

electric turbos area joke cause unlike a real turbo the rpms don't increase with the engine's. and for cpu fans they don't really direct the air in a forward direction or better yet to say it's not focused enough. now it's possible that either might and a 10th of a horsepower. but most real turbos i'v seen for minis don't make much difference.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Kurlon said:
The intake and slide setup on that dual carb kit likely kill any gains, but that doesn't mean the idea doesn't have any merit... I got to see an XR200 OEM twin carb setup today, and it's pretty close to what I had in the back of my head, telling me it's got potential. Weather or not I can rig a comperable setup for a mini, no idea, but that won't stop the gears from turning for awhile. : )

Honda did this in the early to mid 80's on several XR models and abandoned it, do to 'finicky' adjustment. Probably more to do with valve issues than carb, but they were said to be finicky. What might be interesting would be sequential carbs, a mini version of a four barrel...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.