PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im pretty sure when you say classic honda crank, you mean either the takagawa or kitaco crank, which have both been trued and balanced. the dr atv stroker is the stock crank from a ct90 i believe which is 52mm.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Under the load and stress of MX go with the higher priced crank! On pavement the other holds up but dirt is a different story.

Later Atom RoTTeN

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
AtomRoTTeN said:
Under the load and stress of MX go with the higher priced crank! On pavement the other holds up but dirt is a different story.

Later Atom RoTTeN

Have you personally tested the Dr. ATV crank and see one fail? I've not run one, but have never heard anyone speak of them being out of balance and failing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have had failure on the long stroke crank. It was due to bearing failure. Like I said in street application this is not a problem to my knowledge. In the dirt with less then 8-10 hours (actual ridding time on a every ride service schedule) I did have failure more then once. Im not saying its the exact crank but was the same price range.

We will be re testing this and other products in street application to see how they hold up. I believe it will perform as it was designed to without a problem in that application.

Later Atom RoTTeN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.