PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a nice built 50 and I'm desiding on a rear wheel...then it came to mind that mabe I should throw on a 12 inch rear wheel while keeping a 12 in front (just spent 300+ on my red baron factory fork upgrade with wheel...don't feel like changing it). I have bbr E-6 forks in front which is a fairly large fork (30.5 inches from axle to clamp) and a fiveo +4 swinger...so space and an even look to the bike should be O.K...I know the extreme china bikes have a model with 2 12's but does anyone have a pic of another bike with that setup? has anyone tried it? what do you guys think..I was also thinking of a 12 in back so i have a bit of a bigger bike feeling to it

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
the pitster x2 came 12 12 when i first got it and it rode funny for me...i just didnt like it

me personally....i like the 12 10..its rides soo much beter than the 12 12

a 50 is 12 front 10 rear

a 110 is either 12 12 or 14 12..

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
xr70racer said:
My friend has a 12/12 on his knockoff and it F****** blows..............

its not the tire sizes that blow......

its the bike.

:lol:

DC50 - no pics just yet....just did the testing with this setup and still need to get the final wheelset done. once the 110 is all done ill get to the 50.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a 12 12 setup on my 50 and i think it works fine. I don't like the small feel of the 10s and how they seem to hit every bump in the track. The 12s really make it feel more comfortable to me. It's really a matter of personal opinion and how you like your bike to feel. If you feel like spending the time and money, try both a 10 and a 12 on the rear. If you don't, go with what you think you'll like the best and if you don't like it, imagine it's the other size :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
in the end ill probably go with a 10 in back, seeing as I already have one and got a shinko 2.75 tire on its way...either way with that tire it equals out to the front 12 so it should be just fine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.