PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked someone up and with one of my z50s because be had a little boy and money was tight and he wanted to work on it with his son. blah blah blah (always been a sucker for the kids being a family man myself.) Then I find it on Ebay, Nice.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just asked him to explain. Maybe he has a good reseason. As soon as he lets me know I will give you all the details.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I heard back. Sounds like his reserve is $550 and I sold for 200. Oh well don't believe he'll get that. I really don't care that much. People are funny. Just don't embelish and offer the price you will pay. No biggie, I don't get offended just don't be offended when I say no! I think one of you guys should buy all my stuff and put it on ebay so I don't have to hassle with it!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I first got married my parents gave me an old car they had bought for my sister and should couldn't drive it (stick). I had thought of putting a few bucks in it and having a second car. Well one sat this lady knocks on the door at 6:30 gives my wife a sob story and begs me to sell it. (it was not for sale) Wife is touched says just let her buy it so she can get to her "new job". I sell it to her for $400. 2 days later they rent the house around the corner and put the car in front for $1400. Ha Ha on me. Now that was ballsy!

·
Registered
645 Posts
That totally sucks when you think your fellow man is going to be decent and turns out not to be.

For what its worth, its happened to me as well (having someone buy something from me only to turn around shortly afterwards and re-sell for greatly more, after I was given a sob story to sell cheap in the first place)

·
Registered
309 Posts
That is ridiculous. What an A**hole. Im sure that karma will get him back, always does. I bet everyone has had something similar happen to them. I know i have. Theres so many scammers and con-artists out there. Just gotta be a little conservative and know that most people cant be trusted. Just take comfort in knowing that you were the better person in both situations. You were just trying to help someone out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a simular thing happen to me.....I built my long time buddy a roll cage for his jeep (That is what I did for a living) and I only made him pay for materials and pizza around $200.00...... Less than two months later he sold the cage right out of his jeep for $800.00.

Then he came back to me and asked if I could build him another one.......I said yes for $800.00 and he was pissed off he put the stock roll bar back in his jeep.

·
Registered
577 Posts
CrawlerD said:
Well I heard back. Sounds like his reserve is $550 and I sold for 200. Oh well don't believe he'll get that. I really don't care that much. People are funny. Just don't embelish and offer the price you will pay. No biggie, I don't get offended just don't be offended when I say no! I think one of you guys should buy all my stuff and put it on ebay so I don't have to hassle with it!

Sure man I'll take a $200 Z! but that's pretty weak man... Oh well, like others have said you're the better man for it. Karma's a bitch. My life is still fu(ked from it and I've been a good person for like 5 years now haha. Well think of it this way, you wanted to help them out, and you did. You did your good act, it's the others who are shady.

·
3,323 Posts
That sucks Dave. I have been burned by genorosity a few times too. And by "friends".

tt-r420 is right. Karma is a bitch. It always come back around. The old, "you reap what you sow".

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
ouch that sucks to hear. thats one of the things in life that just down right makes me mad. getting taken advangage of sucks. i hope karma bites him in the ass

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I have had my fair share of good deals. I have had some great ones but honestly not with deception. So I guess I'm do. I don't think that on the "other side" the good lord is going to say you shouldn't have let them get to you and you shouldn't have trusted anybody.

I too believe what goes around comes around.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Damn, that is just how it happens out here too.

I used to list my rare parts on craigslist and get every story in the book from guys trying to get the price down...... but sure enough I got sick of seeing them right back on there for twice what I sold them for...What is even worse sometimes is the opposite story coming from the seller who has to sell everything for some crazy dramatic reason like cancer or injury or some sh!t....I say keep at that personal story tellin sh!t to yourself and just buy/sell it with the bs sobbing....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts