PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Never could do wheelie. A summer of getting the mail w my hand brake & pegs. Now i can do up hill, down hill, over rail road tracks & bridges. Crazy easy w some practice. This summer its small circles & setting up my xr 70 its going to get a lil fast w 12" wheels.

· Registered
552 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
I see two of you are in canada, wheres everyone else at? We got hit with a foot of snow today the 50 couldn't even move in it lol i broke out the 110 and ripped around.
Yeah we got about 8'' where i am. I love snow riding, just having problems keeping the filter dry.

· Registered
76 Posts
i have a bmx background so wheelies came pretty fast. its funny though back when i rode brakeless bmx manuals (wheelies) without peddling took forever to learn but not relying on the brakes was the key to learning them the right way. Im hoping to bring that to my crf50 with finding the balance point on my tricks rather then riding the brakes. first gear wheelies i can hold for about 30-40 yards or so. 2nd gear the balance point kinda freaked me out as the speeds increased but lastnight it seemed to be more comfortable. The reason i want to learn circle wheelies is because my backyard is small and cemented so it is a challenge and i dont get bored. I'm knew to the game but im starting to get that throttle control is so important and practice practice practice. Any tips for circle wheelies?????

· Registered
227 Posts
I have been trying to post things in the stunt section and keep it going. I live in ca and we have been in a drought lol. But right now I am trying to learn circles I cant do one but lose it after that. But I cant stand up circle for the life of me.

· Registered
552 Posts
yeah motojones. I'm the same first gear im good at them. second gear its to sketchy. I can do circles but i have both my feet off the foot pegs and i keep them just off the ground by the rear wheel. I have done 6 or 7 circle wheelies even done a few around my buddies. But always have my feet down next to the rear wheel. its like a training wheel lol. id wear old shoes too. Try it.!

· Registered
76 Posts
i turn to the left and keep my right leg tight against the tank and just keep my right foot hovering on the ground just trying to get the feel, i know this trick is hard and im really enjoying the challenge. I will post some vids when i have them decent. cheers ollie

· Registered
500 Posts
Ive been working on hanging wheelies across the lake. I dont like using my 50 on the street in the winter way to much sand and salt around. I have my tires fully studded for ice riding and I have 50 stunt pegs and hand brake so combos on the lake are a lot of fun. Circles are easy once you figure out the muscle memory for doing them. I can do them to the left all day but I cant circle wheelie to the right just yet. Only six more weeks of winter!!

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive been working on hanging wheelies across the lake. I dont like using my 50 on the street in the winter way to much sand and salt around. I have my tires fully studded for ice riding and I have 50 stunt pegs and hand brake so combos on the lake are a lot of fun. Circles are easy once you figure out the muscle memory for doing them. I can do them to the left all day but I cant circle wheelie to the right just yet. Only six more weeks of winter!!
You should get some videos on the lake that sounds rad! Lets just use this thread as a general talk new people into stunting, general chit chat, what you're working on yadda yadda.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.