PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 110 doesn't like to downshift. It's got a 4-speed with a manual clutch. It upshifts perfectly and will downshift fine with the engine not running. I pulled the clutch cover and clutch off to get a look at the linkage and everything looks fine.

I'm not sure about the pawl for the downshift side though, looks kinda flat where the upshift side has a hook. Looking at pics online I can't really tell if that dude it supposed to have more of a hook on it or not.

I cycled it through the gears a bunch and it downshifts perfectly as it sits, just not with the engine running. I'll usually have to pull the clutch and just keep pushing the shifter down until it finally decides to actually shift. TIA

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gear Rim Household hardware

· Registered
1,552 Posts
I'm not familiar with that engine really at all. But, that doesn't look right to me. I would think it needs a bit more of a hook on it too. I think you should just replace it if it's not too much. You might be able to go after it with a round file, then try it...see if it helps. But even, and especially, if it does help...buy a new one so it's RIGHT.

Here is a shift lever from a trx90 engine. Different, I know...but to give you something to compare.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not familiar with that engine really at all. But, that doesn't look right to me. I would think it needs a bit more of a hook on it too. I think you should just replace it if it's not too much. You might be able to go after it with a round file, then try it...see if it helps. But even, and especially, if it does help...buy a new one so it's RIGHT.

Here is a shift lever from a trx90 engine. Different, I know...but to give you something to compare.
View attachment 279055
Yea that's what I expected it to look like. Looking at Partzilla though this seems to be correct:

The other thing might be a bent shift fork. I'm going to put it back together and ride it for the rest of the season then probably pull the motor apart over the winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts