PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
The system works extremely well. Instructions are clear and well written. It took a bit of trial and error, but once I got it set up, it worked great. Much more effective than the stocker. I had mine on a BBR front end. I think the only place you can get it is direct from Storm Cycles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Storm front disc setup, but I only bought the mounts. I bought a set of Hayes 8" hydraulic's off an online mountain bike shop afterwards and mounted them up to it. I'm sure the cable actuated disc's that came with the complete Storm setup would have been fine, but the hydraulic's offer effortless pull under heavy braking.

The mounts slapped on seemlessly and were good quality. As far as braking power, let me tell you; I've been using the discs for about a month now and the other day I tried riding one of my buddy's bikes with the stock drums (around the track). The difference was between night and day. Coming hot into a corner, I had to put MUCH more effort into pulling the brake lever and also could not brake nearly as late as I could with the discs (overshot the corner twice with the drums). I know for certain, that I could never go back to drums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.