PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1983 ATC 185s,200s,70 and three CT70s
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am building a 1970 ct70ko and am having a terrible time finding replacement bars? There is a guy on eBay called DR ct70 and his bars look ok but his description is confusing and I am sure other people offer bars that will just mount up with no issues?? I have bought a ton of parts from DRATV ( a different guy) and had great results, but their bars are out of stock. Any ideas? Thanks John below are pics of the project.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Z50R, 69 Z50A, 71 Z50A, 82 Z50R
30 Posts
Try CHP. I just ordered a set of bars for my Z50A from them. Very nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just sent an email and hope they have a set. Thank you again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If those original ones are straight, new chrome would be the best choice, IMO.
I have a local chrome shop but they are VERY PRICY Had my 1983 ATC70 rear grab bar, thumb throttle top, and shift lever re-chromed and it was $220 and no shipping?? Of course the the big rubber mounting bolt snapped off inside the bar since it sat out for 20-30 years. I drilled, tapped the bars then cleaned up the chrome and rebuilt/ zinc platted the throttle parts and installed it all. I can live with it so now I am looking for a LH bar nicer than the one I have. Here is a pic of the bars so far. Thanks again for all the help. If anyone needs help with zinc platting just ask?
Wheel Tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle frame

1 - 7 of 7 Posts