PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TB 88 kit w/head and want a pipe that will improve power but sound close to the stock pipe. I bought the minigunz pipe and it is very nice and power is great but the damn thing sounds like i'm riding a CRF450! I have neighbors and don't want them getting all pissed off. If there is no solution, I'm thinking about porting the stock head pipe to match the exhuast port on my race head. I don't know if that will help any but I may try it out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
464 Posts
White Brothers has built a great exhaust making loads of power and keeps the noise down too. This pipe will work great on your stock bike and allows for you to install a big bore kit with even better results. All mini R4 systems come complete with head pipe and USFS approved "Screen Type" spark arrestor. This pipe is the QUIETEST pipe available for your CRF50 / XR50. Perfect for those late night runs around the neighborhood. ----quote from holeshot motorsports $199

The Dr. D exhaust for the CRF50 / XR50 adds a great deal of power to your stock 50 but add a big bore kit and this is where this pipe really comes to life. It provides low end torque while holding power all the way through the RPM range. this pipe is one of the quietest pipes available for the CRF50 / XR50. ----quote from holeshot motorsports $179

you can buy both of these exausts from: http://holeshotm.home.att.net/Exhaust.htm

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would recommend the White borthers exhaust for the quietest exhaust available for the 50. When you install a big bore kit you will have improved sound as your almost doubling the dissplacement, but WB keeps it quiter then most of the exhausts out their.

G

·
My brother currently has an r-4 and it is a lot quieter than mine. I have the Two Brothers. We both have TB88 kits with race head also, so his pipe makes it a lot quieter.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
yes. i have the BBR and you can put the stock end cap on it to make it as quiet as stock.....mine is very quiet with the cap on....thats one reason i got this pipe is for the reason i can make it quiet for the late night riding around town.

·
Registered
189 Posts
PIMPINdaHOES said:
yes. i have the BBR and you can put the stock end cap on it to make it as quiet as stock.....mine is very quiet with the cap on....thats one reason i got this pipe is for the reason i can make it quiet for the late night riding around town.

Thanks Pimpin! I read that on BBRs site, but you just never know how true it really is. Id like to get a pipe eventually, and I definately dont want something that will tick off all of my neighbors.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
NP Rice.....i love the looks of the BBR too. IMO it looks the best out of all the pipes. the new black can is cool too.

just imagine your stock pipe sound.....but its maybe a tiny tiny bit louder just because of the bigger pipe......its not high pitched louder its just a little deeper. but great bang for the buck. i think you can get the BBR standard pipe(not big bore) for around 150-175. ive actually sometimes seen the big bore for the same price. i paid 200 for my Big Bore pipe. if you have sttock or anything less than an 88 kit get the standard. if you have a 88 kit and race head get the big bore.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
xr50racer said:
You do loose power when using th stock endcap

not really. you will only loose it on the top end. i only notice that it wont hit the high RPM's with as much umph as without it. but there really isnt a big difference. its not enough to worry about...i would rather be ninja at night than have taht lil extra pick up on the top end. just my .02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.