PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all and merry Christmas. I’ve decided to do the small mods on my sons 1999 xr80r and every exhaust I see says it won’t fit his bike. Are the new crf style bikes that different? I’m running in circles trying to find a header and a pipe for the old bike? Thanks. And I’ve had zero luck over the last two years finding a used exhaust so new it i$! I guess

·
Super Moderator
10,096 Posts
If you click on the link and scroll down, you find a list of XR80/XR100 model years that are all compatible with your 99 XR80 with regards to the exhaust. It may help broaden your search for a used system, as the OEM exhaust is no longer available.

99 XR80 Exhaust System

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Maybe I can sell the one on the bike now. Or maybe not. It’s bone stock and extremely clean. I did the airbox and exhaust mod today( without cutting the airbox) and did see a noticeable increase in response. Maybe if I can find an aftermarket exhaust I’ll reject the carb. Bike runs like a rip so no complaints. I’m just trying to remove the restrictions it came from the factory with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you. Maybe I can sell the one on the bike now. Or maybe not. It’s bone stock and extremely clean. I did the airbox and exhaust mod today( without cutting the airbox) and did see a noticeable increase in response. Maybe if I can find an aftermarket exhaust I’ll reject the carb. Bike runs like a rip so no complaints. I’m just trying to remove the restrictions it came from the factory with.
I'll give you $80 (shipped) for the stock exhaust

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give you $80 (shipped) for the stock exhaust
Sorry for the late reply. The alert went to my trash file. Anyway. Thanks but I’m gonna wait til I can find an aftermarket and see if I want to keep the stock an option. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts