PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again everybody. So the coolster 110 that I was given runs. It looks to be a fun little beater so my kids friends don’t destroy his better bikes. My question is what crosses over from say an xr50 which I think this bike is a copy of. The triple trees and bars are the first thing I see that I want gone- they are total crap. I’m not spending bbr money on a free Chinese pit bike but if I can find stock Honda parts for cheap I’d be happier than the weak stock set up.

·
Registered
1970 CT70
47 Posts
Hard to say. Theoretically everything body wise should work between that bike and a Honda. The thing with the Chinese clones is they tend to use what ever generic variant they have at the time. It may be a knock off of a fox shock here, knock off oem Honda one there. Comparable, but not necessarily the same thing. The engines are notorious for this, specifically for things like bearings or internal hardwares. Bars and plastics should all be good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. If the engine breaks I’ll probably junk it. But who knows. I’ll change the oil and follow a maintenance schedule and see how it holds up. I haven’t seen a little 4!stroke yet with suspension that was good anyway so? But yeah. The bars gotta go

1 - 3 of 3 Posts