PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at the 250lbs coil spring shocks but they say for under 200lbs riders and i weigh 260lbs think the 350lbs coil will work for trail riding?

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
sr20hardbody said:
i was looking at the 250lbs coil spring shocks but they say for under 200lbs riders and i weigh 260lbs think the 350lbs coil will work for trail riding?
Well ok then.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so just to make sure this klx style shock will bolt up with no mods? or would i be better off with a stock crf70 shock and hd spring?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k im gonna go ahead and order the shock i searched but couldnt find anyone who used this shock on a fiddy so hopefully its a direct bolt on was just concerned since from what i've read the klx110 has wider mounting points.

i'll let everyone know how it fits it'll be a while before i can test ride though still need wheels:)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
i have a ishock for my crf50 and I had to grind the swingarm point cause it was slightly too wide and when it compresses it rotates so had to grind that lip down too. should save up and buy a fox float or an ishock w res.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k so there will be some grinding needed not too much of a problem i'll just touch up the paint.:)

i would love the fox float but havent had any luck finding one used so just need something for now to get riding before winter hits.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i found a site with the measurements of the dnm shock and it says the spring is 63mm wide which doesnt fit the stock 50 subframe:-(

looks like im back to searching:rolleyes:

unless someone has a fox float they'll let go for cheap? c'mon

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry dont have any specs for the 70 shock other then its 1" longer then a stock 50 shock

and incase anyones wondering i decided to go for a fastace bs22ar with 250lbs spring ebay special cant hurt to try for $58 shipped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts