PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supplys:drill,drill bits,threaded valve stem with thecore removed and use the washers and locknut,some 1/4" clear hose(local plumbing shops carry this)

Vent Filter(can get them cheap at autozone,advance,etc,make sure to get the one that matches the inner ID of your hose)

first off,you need a good drill to do this,i did mine in a vise in a drill press,took seconds.

heres what i used,i believe it was a 1/4 drill bit IIRC,and i got a threaded valve stem from a dirt bike,drilled the hole slightly smaller then the valve stem(so the stem would fit in tightly,then i put the rubber washer(came with the valve stem) over top,followed by the metal washer,and the locknut for the valvestem.

for hose,i went to the local plumbing store and asked for a kitchen sprayer hose,and used one of them,got the hose for like 2 bux.

to seal the valvestem in good,i used yamabond 1104?

ill get pics up of the valve stem head breather ASAP.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I wouldn't run that cap as anything on the insde of the cap is going to hit on the rocker arm adjuster.:( Just drill and tap for a barbed fitting which you can get at your local hardware store for less then a buck.:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the inside of it is as flat as it was before it was drilled,doesnt interfere with the rocker arms whatsoever,believe me,i thought the same thing,and i tested this before i made another,and ive had no problems.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't know why people use clear hoses. They even come with most breather kits. After awhile..... the hose looks nasty. I'm using a black hose for a breather.

Good job on the DIY. I'd think about doing it too but I want a pretty anodized cap.

·
Registered
305 Posts
3-UP said:
I wouldn't run that cap as anything on the insde of the cap is going to hit on the rocker arm adjuster.:( Just drill and tap for a barbed fitting which you can get at your local hardware store for less then a buck.:)

What size barbed fitting, drill and tap bit work for doing this?? I could do this in no time, I just need to know what all is needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts