PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I couldn’t find the motion pro tool for the d shaped what is it a pilot screw? But I did discover that something I almost guarantee you have at the house will work. If by chance you don’t have it this little tool cost something like $.99! That something is a bic pen! If you take the pen tip out, and then pull the pen apart. That piece that was holding the tip of the pen in will work great! I put it on the end of a screwdriver and pushed it down over that head. It takes a little bit of pressure but it will pop right down around it making it easy to turn that screw for adjustments!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I believe what you're talking about is actually a brass plug. Underneath that will be the air/fuel screw that is plugged from the factory on certain year models.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that is the air fuel screw it’s not a plug. Bikes a 2021 has blue mark where factory set it at.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts

Yeah I guess you are right on the newer ones. I've definitely seen them plugged from the factory on some years. I would make a slice across the top for a flat head if it were mine. But at least you found another solution.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh nice picture of it! I know what you are talking about, there’s a certain name for those plugs which I can’t think of, but they can be a pain to try and drill out so you can get to the actual screw. I wanted to slice it but the bic pen worked so well I didn’t need to, I just wanted to put it out there for anyone else that starts modding their bike, if they can’t find the tool that’ll definitely get the job done lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts