PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey- I was wondering if anyone makes an adapter for the stock hub so i can run a disk brake set up. I already have a caliper and rotor all i need is a peice of metal to hook it up to......... ya. thankyou my friends

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
ya we all need to figure this one out, cause no one wants to spend 300 bones for the disc brake set-up :!: 8)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was looking in a mountain bike magazine the other day at my local grocerie strore and found that you can buy both front and rear disk brakes with calipers and lever's for $189. Now I just need to figure out how to mount them to the stock hubs and wahlah we all will have affordable disc brakes for our fiddy's.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
we need someone that has the +1 forks with the disc brakes to take a picture to see how they make the little spacer that the disc screws onto. and you would need to make some sort of attachment to hold the caliper on the forkleg

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
all i wanna know is how to set up the rear for disk brake, there are some big downsides of having front disk :?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
for the rear disc. what you would need is the spacer that connects to the hub that the disc holds on to, you would need a disc, a caliper, something to mount the caliper on the swingarm, and the cables and levers. but first you have to figure out how to make that stuff

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
SkinDonor said:
Or just buy a rear wheel from me that has a disc. then get the rear caliper and master from me and I will show you how to hook it up.

Ask Nik AKA MPR I just sold him one of our set ups

PM me please :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
...Or you could just tell us all how much you're asking for the setup :?:

I have a Shimano XT Rear Disk and Caliper from my MTB that I'm also looking to fit the rear of the fiddy.

Also.. I see that Lyle and Shane at Honda Mini Trail.com has a new rear set up that's supposedly out. It's on the back page of their new catalog. Looks like they have an adaptor that bolts might attach to your rear hub and a caliper mount. The picture shows a Shimano XT Caliper. This could be a sweet set up!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
like everyone else said, they bend too easy leaving you with a skipping brake, they fade sometimes during motos leaving you with almost no brake, and also a lot of disk brake set-ups are so twitchy that you will hesititate to use them so what good is that? a lot of companies race bikes arn't bothering with front disk so i figure why should i? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
LogiKal said:
People give the lame "mtn bike" thing.

But I personally have had ANY brake fade, and bent rotors, or nothing.

you mean, you haven't ANY brake fade, and bent rotors, or nothing?

·
Registered
938 Posts
DirtySouthRacing said:
like everyone else said, they bend too easy leaving you with a skipping brake, they fade sometimes during motos leaving you with almost no brake, and also a lot of disk brake set-ups are so twitchy that you will hesititate to use them so what good is that? a lot of companies race bikes arn't bothering with front disk so i figure why should i? :twisted:

the disk on the bombshells works very well, never experiened any fade and it has a very nice feel to it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.