PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. Hopefully I've come to the right place with all these questions of mine.
I am currently building a 1995 Z50R with a KLX110 fork upgrade, +3" swingarm extension, and (possibly) a 140cc Piranha engine. At this point, I am starting to think about brakes. With a 140cc engine, I feel like drums wont do the trick so I've been reading into front disk brakes. My question to y'all is, Where would I mount the caliper to the fork? Is there a kit out there for the pickle I'm in? Help would greatly be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
You might want to take a few minutes and read through this thread before you go any further.

That being said, it would take quite a bit of fabrication work to the KLX forks and the Z50R wheel/hub to make it a disc brake setup.

An alternative that some people do is to use an extended brake actuator arm on the brake panel for better leverage, and also a set of the grooved brake shoes for better heat displacement. Just a thought..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might want to take a few minutes and read through this thread before you go any further.

That being said, it would take quite a bit of fabrication work to the KLX forks and the Z50R wheel/hub to make it a disc brake setup.

An alternative that some people do is to use an extended brake actuator arm on the brake panel for better leverage, and also a set of the grooved brake shoes for better heat displacement. Just a thought..
Thank you very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts