PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok like the title says. i am looking at this brake kit by storm

Storm XR/CRF50, Disc Brake Kit

i am going to be using this on my stunt piece. will not be used in dirt. will be used for endos. just need to know how easily it will lock up the front wheel.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
used the red baron ones with their g2 forks, they work okay, but not great. the rotors are too small to get a lot of braking power, but that was at high speeds in dirt.

they might be better at stunting speeds.

·
Registered
651 Posts
rode a bike with the storm kit, was nice but to be real honest, good pads on a drum setup can be just as effective in my opinion. i run ebc pads and with motard tires on i can shift my weight up front slam the brakes and get the wheel up while doin a 3rd gear pull

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting it up is no issue. I can roll a stoppie 50-60 ft on stock brakes. I want more stopping power so I can get it up faster smoother and more predictable. Brake drums are hit and miss with endos. And even then you have no control

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
u know sano has the bombshell brake setup with legs for 160 on sale...im in the process of building a front disc setup just for stoppies. I never heard good things about the bombshell calipers and pads. I do like inverted forks like lt6 for endos over my stock forks...im more like u my fiddy is only for parking lots. down side all that crap up front makes it weigh more and you gotta change your bp for wheelies

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea. Bp is no issue. Anything you add to these little bikes change the bp. All you have to do is add a 12 bar to bring bp back to normal

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well installed the redbarron kit yesterday. was a pain in the ass. i do not recomend this at all. alot of slop in the kit. and it did not fit correctly. had to add washers to the axle to keep the disk from hitting the fork. had to add washers to the brake caliper bracket to make that fit. just an overall pain in the ****ing ass. im gonna make this **** work but have a ton of work to do.... will post some performance info when i ride it sunday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts