PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Found the wheel with hub... Still don't understand how it's built... Really weird.

#Aliexpress C$ 72.95 | 12MM Electroplated Rim for 2.75-8 rear aluminum wheel hub for Honda Monkey Z50J Bike Small Monkey Motorcycle Wheel Modified

And the rear with drum.

Looking at the pictures the hub is cast...

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ya I just ordered a hub... There's two kinds with different positions for the rotor.

Lots of options for the 10 inch wheels but not many for 8... Hoping this will work out for me.

That one piece hub and wheel is weird

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

So the forks arrived... Wheel is one piece and heavy! Forks are a tiny bit too tall maybe with a 3 inch extended swingarm and 330mm shocks... Overall I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
That right leg in the picture is supposed to be on the left side. (including disk and caliper)

You can also see that in the mudguard mounting points, they are supposed to point inward.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That right leg in the picture is supposed to be on the left side. (including disk and caliper)

You can also see that in the mudguard mounting points, they are supposed to point inward.
If you look I also have a rear hub on the front...

Don't worry it's just a mock up... Lol

Everything is going to be disassembled and powder coated or painted..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

So wheel is definitely one piece... And came damaged :(

Ive ordered a hub that I hope will work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Indeed... A roll of the dice.

So far I'm well ahead of what it would have cost me buying this stuff in north America... But I'm not really happy about the wheel... The hub I bought for 45cad... should it arrive this year (shipping from China is at a crawl) will make it all worthwhile... Then I'll have enough information to piece these forks together with disk brakes for a lot cheaper than I can get them here in Canada or the US. I have 5 bikes to build lol and I like these forks. It's cheaper to buy these forks than to rebuild the oem ones with legs, springs and bushings.

I just wish I could find the billet triple clamps for the klx legs for less than 300 bucks... But I can't find them... Sad cuz there are lots for monkey bikes or pit bike triples that are really cheap...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
If you are not going to use a speedo drive there is nothing missing on the wheel.
Replace the speedo drive with a 30mm long spacer and you are done.
I think there even is still enough meat to drive a speedo drive though.

ps. Lol, a front hub for my gorilla/monkey is going to cost me €150 before vat and shipping. That is without brake plate, brake parts and two rim halves.
(If available in the color I want)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I saw that most of these forks use the spedo gear... I was thinking the same and not use it and fabing a spacer...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts