PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the major differences between the two model frames (09 and older and 10)
i know the subframe is different but the rest of the frame looks nearly the same?
just wondering if i got an old 110 frame seeing as there plently of them around and them build the subframe the same as the 110L wether they wld be pretty much the same frame then?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sub frame is different, Upper shock mount location is different, mount location of swingarm to the frame is different (lower on 10 and up), Lower steering head bearing is different (bigger) on 10 and newer. Those are the major differences to my knowledge - others may add more or correct me if Im wrong. The swingarm believe it or not IS different than the o9 - its not longer or anything its just shaped a little different driven by the battery box, upper shock mount location and where it attaches to the frame. Bottom line, if you have a 09 110 frame and you started collecting everyone's stock L stuff from people turning them into mods you could build an L. I am pretty sure a stock L triple clamp and steering stem setup would go right on an 09 frame IF you used 09 or older steering head bearings. I think the inner diameter of the lower bearing that goes around the stem is the same its just the outer race that meets the L frame is different. So if you went with older lower bearing on the new L steering stem it in theory should bolt right up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.