PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did everyone do? What class did you race? What did you think of the event? I know there are other posts on this but they are in different threads and just want to know who was there from Planet Minis.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I won the 18+ 50 open, I had a blast and I was suprised that the turnout was smaller then racetown at least in my class. I'm not sure how many riders were in my class. Really looking forward to Del Mar. First moto I got a good start and thought staggs was going to take me out off the line, all I saw was his bike coming at me and I started praying. I ended up getting out of that situation without hitting the ground. was in 3rd after the first corner with two fast guys in front. I got by the frist one on the 2nd lap I think. Then followed Matt Lupo for the next couple laps. I tried got close to getting by on the white flag lap but couldn't make it happen. Ended up 2nd. Second moto got a midpack start off the gate and staggs was outside of me and there was no way i was leeting off for that first trun until after he did. haha i got to the inside and started working my way up. Got to 2nd within a few turns and followed the leader around for a lap or two. I'd come up on him in the corners and then he'd walk me in the straights, he was on something pretty quick, dunno what motor exactly he had. I went to the outside on the last lap in the corner before the whoops and tried to rail outside of him but didn't make it stick and ended up second and with being consistant and lupo going 1-3 and the other guy going 6-1 i took 1st overall. Great racing, the races definetly were not long enough on that track. Lap times like like half of racetown and when you do the same amount of laps you don't have a lot of time to make any moves. But a great day overall.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
I race the 88 superstock, I was a mess. Got a flat tire in the first turn fell wayyyy too much. Put a new tube in, that popped. Put a whole new wheel on, the hub broke. Front hub cracked and wheel bent. It wasnt the day for me.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Derekz93 said:
I race the 88 superstock, I was a mess. Got a flat tire in the first turn fell wayyyy too much. Put a new tube in, that popped. Put a whole new wheel on, the hub broke. Front hub cracked and wheel bent. It wasnt the day for me.

The only way your day could have sucked any more is if you had got hurt. it sucks for the crappy luck man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.