PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone here now knows that they really rip, nice power, nice gears etc



But has anyone seen crank cases ript apart? Because i'm wondering if i should buy a new set of cases?? will it brake after 1500 miles again?



I'll take some pictures tomorow!



(p.s: the tears are just behind the cilinder base where the rods/studs go in.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry, but it is not the clutch that faild, the crank cases! behind the spot where you bolt the cilinder on



i'm thinking about the possibility that the crank itself is not well balanced???
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
viperdax said:
Everyone here now knows that they really rip, nice power, nice gears etc



But has anyone seen crank cases ript apart? Because i'm wondering if i should buy a new set of cases?? will it brake after 1500 miles again?



I'll take some pictures tomorow!



(p.s: the tears are just behind the cilinder base where the rods/studs go in.)


check the first "oooh my daytona is sooo great"post ...there are already photos of that;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
Monstret said:
Well you will need a new clutch. The stock one aint good. It have same problem as the Zongshen clutch, the rubber breaks down pretty fast.


viperdax said:
i'm sorry, but it is not the clutch that faild, the crank cases! behind the spot where you bolt the cilinder on



i'm thinking about the possibility that the crank itself is not well balanced???




I think he is just giving you a heads up, maybe saying to get some aftermarket rubbers in there since the motor will be apart and he had problems with the clutch.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1 Posts
The Nice cylinder stud pattern is the smaller one as used on Honda 50/70's, vs the Chinese mid-block pattern of the Daytona. Tak makes +R's in both patterns.



Also, the stator cover mounting is different. Daytona has an updated clutch rubber compound, or you can take apart a Honda 50 gear and swipe the rubbers. Might be able to slip a Nice spring-loaded basket in, but the ratio is the shorter 4.06-ish one. Pics of the broken cases? I've only seen a couple sets of mid-blocks break there, and it was usually after some thing else had gone very wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
firepower354 said:
The Nice cylinder stud pattern is the smaller one as used on Honda 50/70's, vs the Chinese mid-block pattern of the Daytona. Tak makes +R's in both patterns.



Also, the stator cover mounting is different. Daytona has an updated clutch rubber compound, or you can take apart a Honda 50 gear and swipe the rubbers. Might be able to slip a Nice spring-loaded basket in, but the ratio is the shorter 4.06-ish one. Pics of the broken cases? I've only seen a couple sets of mid-blocks break there, and it was usually after some thing else had gone very wrong.


i'l post pics today. still don't understand why you all are talking about the clutch? it has nothing to do with the tears?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1 Posts
viperdax said:
i'l post pics today. still don't understand why you all are talking about the clutch? it has nothing to do with the tears?


More of a "Since it's apart", preventive measure, is all. There's also the possibility that the vibrations from a worn basket added to the shaking. The last set of mid-blocks we broke had a broken wrist pin. Didn't come apart, but busted both cases and vibrated awful.





You can always put the 184 back in. That's one area that doesn't bust, on them:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
up till now i know that you cannot and wil not be able to use daytona gear parts ect in the lifan 150 cases. bearings are different, blocking of the kickstarter etc etc etc



so i will use the gearbox kicker and clutch of the lifan, but i am not sure yet if i can get the sprockets on the daytona crank to fit with the lifan.

the alignment is different, will have to move the sprocket for about half an inch to the right...



hope i will sell my gorilla soon, to get new cases and some upgrades. thinking about balancing the crankshaft too...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1 Posts
I know the complete shafts will not interchange, but are you certain the individual gears won't go on the Lifan shafts?



You should be able to slide the Lifan oil pump gear on the Daytona crank, putting the gear in the right place. Otherwise, I guess, a Daytona-headed Lifan isn't all bad. Should get most of the power benefit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
viperdax said:
Everyone here now knows that they really rip, nice power, nice gears etc



But has anyone seen crank cases ript apart? Because i'm wondering if i should buy a new set of cases?? will it brake after 1500 miles again?



I'll take some pictures tomorow!



(p.s: the tears are just behind the cilinder base where the rods/studs go in.)
Hi, I have had the same problem twice and spoken to 5 other people with the exact same problem as in the picture.



Have 2 questions for you:



Have you or anyone else ever taken off or tighten the stud nuts?



How was the ignition set?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top