PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone here now knows that they really rip, nice power, nice gears etc

But has anyone seen crank cases ript apart? Because i'm wondering if i should buy a new set of cases?? will it brake after 1500 miles again?

I'll take some pictures tomorow!

(p.s: the tears are just behind the cilinder base where the rods/studs go in.)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well you will need a new clutch. The stock one aint good. It have same problem as the Zongshen clutch, the rubber breaks down pretty fast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry, but it is not the clutch that faild, the crank cases! behind the spot where you bolt the cilinder on

i'm thinking about the possibility that the crank itself is not well balanced???

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
viperdax said:

But has anyone seen crank cases ript apart? Because i'm wondering if i should buy a new set of cases?? will it brake after 1500 miles again?

check the first "oooh my daytona is sooo great"post ...there are already photos of that;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
im sure that you can use honda nice crankcases instead of the daytona, ive heard of a guy with a dohc daytona that pulled the cylinder bolts from the crankcases

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Monstret said:
Well you will need a new clutch. The stock one aint good. It have same problem as the Zongshen clutch, the rubber breaks down pretty fast.

viperdax said:
i'm sorry, but it is not the clutch that faild, the crank cases! behind the spot where you bolt the cilinder on

i'm thinking about the possibility that the crank itself is not well balanced???

I think he is just giving you a heads up, maybe saying to get some aftermarket rubbers in there since the motor will be apart and he had problems with the clutch.

·
Registered
443 Posts
viperdax said:
but the honda nice engines have slightly different pattern, tough its not much?

Does tjr tuning not add the takegawa +r head to the daytona engine and a germany guy whos added the daytona gearbox clutch and casing

·
Banned
1 Posts
The Nice cylinder stud pattern is the smaller one as used on Honda 50/70's, vs the Chinese mid-block pattern of the Daytona. Tak makes +R's in both patterns.

Also, the stator cover mounting is different. Daytona has an updated clutch rubber compound, or you can take apart a Honda 50 gear and swipe the rubbers. Might be able to slip a Nice spring-loaded basket in, but the ratio is the shorter 4.06-ish one. Pics of the broken cases? I've only seen a couple sets of mid-blocks break there, and it was usually after some thing else had gone very wrong.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
firepower354 said:
The Nice cylinder stud pattern is the smaller one as used on Honda 50/70's, vs the Chinese mid-block pattern of the Daytona. Tak makes +R's in both patterns.

Also, the stator cover mounting is different. Daytona has an updated clutch rubber compound, or you can take apart a Honda 50 gear and swipe the rubbers. Might be able to slip a Nice spring-loaded basket in, but the ratio is the shorter 4.06-ish one. Pics of the broken cases? I've only seen a couple sets of mid-blocks break there, and it was usually after some thing else had gone very wrong.

i'l post pics today. still don't understand why you all are talking about the clutch? it has nothing to do with the tears?

·
Banned
1 Posts
viperdax said:
i'l post pics today. still don't understand why you all are talking about the clutch? it has nothing to do with the tears?

More of a "Since it's apart", preventive measure, is all. There's also the possibility that the vibrations from a worn basket added to the shaking. The last set of mid-blocks we broke had a broken wrist pin. Didn't come apart, but busted both cases and vibrated awful.

You can always put the 184 back in. That's one area that doesn't bust, on them:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
going to try en build the crank in a lifan 150:oops:

checked everything, only the upper piston compression ring has to be replaced.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Yep, that's broke to heck. Post up how the swap to Lifan cases goes. I think it should cross over fine. Not sure you'll enjoy the trans as much, but the Daytona 2-3-4 might fit Lifan shafts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
up till now i know that you cannot and wil not be able to use daytona gear parts ect in the lifan 150 cases. bearings are different, blocking of the kickstarter etc etc etc

so i will use the gearbox kicker and clutch of the lifan, but i am not sure yet if i can get the sprockets on the daytona crank to fit with the lifan.

the alignment is different, will have to move the sprocket for about half an inch to the right...

hope i will sell my gorilla soon, to get new cases and some upgrades. thinking about balancing the crankshaft too...

·
Banned
1 Posts
I know the complete shafts will not interchange, but are you certain the individual gears won't go on the Lifan shafts?

You should be able to slide the Lifan oil pump gear on the Daytona crank, putting the gear in the right place. Otherwise, I guess, a Daytona-headed Lifan isn't all bad. Should get most of the power benefit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the lifan oil pomp gear wont fit on the daytona crank, its wider on the inside, and has different splines.

will pm you soon about parts

·
Registered
67 Posts
viperdax said:

Hi, I have had the same problem twice and spoken to 5 other people with the exact same problem as in the picture.

Have 2 questions for you:

Have you or anyone else ever taken off or tighten the stud nuts?

How was the ignition set?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts