PlanetMinis Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
speeddemon619 said:
http://planetminis.com/21/daytona150-vs-155z-crate-engine-126772-2.html

That thread about half way down. Dyno graph of stock daytona, daytona with a different cam and a stock dohc setup.

And without a 155z motor run on the same setup, completely useless for comparison purposes. We don't know if that was at the crank, rear wheel, output shaft, etc, HP vs PS, nice graph, shows the gain to expect from a cam or DOHC, but you can't compare it to anything else.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hay dose any one no anything on the g2 forks from these guys how do the compare to zokes are they any good know one can tell me anything can you up grade the braking system from that hub with the rotor on it someone help me please

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Kurlon said:
And without a 155z motor run on the same setup, completely useless for comparison purposes. We don't know if that was at the crank, rear wheel, output shaft, etc, HP vs PS, nice graph, shows the gain to expect from a cam or DOHC, but you can't compare it to anything else.
We plan on running a sample of both equally equipt engines on the same dyno same day, we will also be running a few other engine combos on dyno day too.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Kurlon said:

I agree, about the whole not being a comparison run but it is showing that that motor is a stout motor. I dont race on the dyno so its just a number to brag about is all people seem to use it anymore. Its a tool to tune imo

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
speeddemon619 said:
I agree, about the whole not being a comparison run but it is showing that that motor is a stout motor. I dont race on the dyno so its just a number to brag about is all people seem to use it anymore. Its a tool to tune imo
When ran in different enviroments on different setups, you are correct, but in a head to head side by side comparision the dyno is a great way of telling the difference between two engines, how soon power comes on, signs off, peak torque, peak HP, how broad the usable range is as well as using the dyno for actual load testing ,jetting ect.

So the dyno is not just a tool like a spark plug wrench, it is much more than that.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Its a complex and very expensive too :p But you are right, the way you plan on doing it will be a fair comparison. People just get too wrapped up in peak dyno numbers but they forget all dynos read different. And if you run them on different days youll get different numbers slightly with weather changes, tires and whatnot. But like i said, you plan on doing it the BEST and only way to do it if you want a side by side number comparision. I am really excited to see this "shoot out" persay

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.