PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
fearless said:
is this motor faster then stock yx 150,160, 155.?

This motor stock is as fast as a Daytona DOHC 119cc but with more torque. Put the DOHC on the 150 and it is pretty much the fastest production motor on the market hands down!

·
Registered
152 Posts
siktendenciesracing said:
This motor stock is as fast as a Daytona DOHC 119cc but with more torque. Put the DOHC on the 150 and it is pretty much the fastest production motor on the market hands down!

thanks for the info. thinking of getting one. need something faster then my yx150.

·
Registered
756 Posts
siktendenciesracing said:

Nice to hear someone elses opinion that has proberly ridden both, the last l heard someone was saying it was similar to the a 155z..

·
Registered
791 Posts
I believe that this motor is the same motor that BBR is using in their new MM12P Production bike? Theirs comes with the SOHC.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yeah your right with the MM12P and the 150 SOHC, my earlier comment was meant to quote Gary's earlier comment about the 150 SOHC set up being as quick as the 119 DOHC. Sorry my head isn't screwed on right at the moment.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
chrisc161076 said:
Yeah your right with the MM12P and the 150 SOHC, my earlier comment was meant to quote Gary's earlier comment about the 150 SOHC set up being as quick as the 119 DOHC. Sorry my head isn't screwed on right at the moment.

Oh, and the Sohc 150 Daytona is way easier to ride then the 119 DOHC because the SOHC 150 has way more bottom due to the displacement alone. This motor is good with or without the DOHC but if you are looking for the type of engine that just walks away from KLX110 195 engines then the DOHC 150is the only way to go. The DOHC in the 150 has good bottom end due to the Displacement and with the DOHC it gives it a really nice top end,,, it is the only engine that I have felt that gives you a good mixture of both Torque and over rev! Sick motor for sure.

·
Registered
152 Posts
red baron claims 19 hp at rear wheel. but if its about the same as a dayton 119 dohc motor, then its more like 15 or 16 hp?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
fearless said:
red baron claims 19 hp at rear wheel. but if its about the same as a dayton 119 dohc motor, then its more like 15 or 16 hp?

its not Red Baron making that 19hp claim that is what Daytona has printed....

·
Registered
156 Posts
those are prolly at the crank claims. reliability is the big issues in these crate motors. How are the 150's holding up? and for that matter how are the DOHC motors holding up?<<<< I know that isn't a crate motor.

·
Registered
152 Posts
crf88r said:
those are prolly at the crank claims. Reliability is the big issues in these crate motors. How are the 150's holding up? And for that matter how are the dohc motors holding up?<<<< i know that isn't a crate motor.

^^^^^^^^+1

·
Registered
756 Posts
fearless said:
^^^^^^^^+1

I think on the earlier engines a few cranks failed, from what l've been told Daytona changed their supplier and since then there have been no failures. I know some people are trying out a new crank pin to make it around 158cc DOHC, the pin will also work with the SOHC set up. The same people have just stripped a 150DOHC that has had a season on it and everything is within tolerance and nothing needs replacing, l haven't seen it for myself, but by the sounds of things Daytona have certainly improved this engine over the 119.

·
Registered
152 Posts
chrisc161076 said:
I think on the earlier engines a few cranks failed, from what l've been told Daytona changed their supplier and since then there have been no failures. I know some people are trying out a new crank pin to make it around 158cc DOHC, the pin will also work with the SOHC set up. The same people have just stripped a 150DOHC that has had a season on it and everything is within tolerance and nothing needs replacing, l haven't seen it for myself, but by the sounds of things Daytona have certainly improved this engine over the 119.

thanks for the info.relly want to buy this motor, just looking for reliability.(transmission wise)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I know the same company are trying a new daytona billet gear system, why l don't know. When l spoke to them they had be using them for about a year(in the UK) and that they have had zero failures except for the orginal and now corrected crankshaft.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
speeddemon619 said:
A stock daytona150 makes around 16hp but once you put on a dohc setup your looking at 21 hp atleast minus if you get some work done
Stock out of the box 150 SOHC daytonas make about the same as the GPX160, they have better gear ratios that make them seem to pull better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts