PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This build has been a while in the making. A couple years back, I bought a BBR superpro frame on PM, and shortly afterward got a private message from someone asking if I wanted the swinger that goes with it. Since the guy was someone familiar, I said yes without even seeing a picture. Well, turned out to be an "A" arm type swinger, so it just got put to the side (the superpro then became the old school/new school build.) Then a couple years ago, I was building some bikes up for a PM member, and got the SP-5's in trade for some parts. The engine was another PM find about a year ago, and the plastics were left over from a bike bought from a PM member. The handlebars came as trade for some work from a PM member. With just about all the parts there, I found a good deal on a frame, tank, shock, and brake (also from a PM member.) The frame had been over one too many sweet jumps, and had the front rake to prove it, but the price was right, and since a little frame stretch was in the plans, straightening the head tube could be done at the same time. The wheels were also a PM find. Still need a footpeg mount and exhaust. Leaning toward a stocker exhaust, but may rob a Yoshi off another bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got the Yoshi pipe on and some foot pegs from another bike. Put on some other things like a left-hand brake. Use a fast 50 clamp for the rear cable and a generic cable with an adjuster tapped into it, and a little piece of metal bent into a bracket to hook it to the brake rod. Works just fine. Also got a new Takegawa rear shock. Been riding it around the neighborhood a little bit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very cool graphics. Bike looks good. Kinda surprised you didn't turn it in to a cafe racer.
thanks man. You know me all too well. I had to fight the urge to make it into more of a street bike. I want to be able to change out to some 10/12 inch dirt tires. I got the plastics and graphics on another bike deal. Someone here on PM will probably recognize them. The frame came that color, so I went with the plastics to match.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice Bike ..

Does the Exhaust Muffler Pipe cone with the "Heat Shield Cover " stock ..
I'm trying to find/figure out where to get a Exhaust Muffler Pipe Heat Shield Cover Guard for my FMF ON MY XR50/88., the pipe does not have any way to bolt a shield to it like BBR pipes so I need something that clamps on..
I keep burning the insides of my racing pants on the pipe .

·
Super Moderator
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Bike ..

Does the Exhaust Muffler Pipe cone with the "Heat Shield Cover " stock ..
I'm trying to find/figure out where to get a Exhaust Muffler Pipe Heat Shield Cover Guard for my FMF ON MY XR50/88., the pipe does not have any way to bolt a shield to it like BBR pipes so I need something that clamps on..
I keep burning the insides of my racing pants on the pipe .
yes, the Yoshimura pipes all come with a heatshield attached.

·
Super Moderator
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like the build, clean but with some pretty cool parts. Similar setup to one of my 50's, I really like this setup and the street tires are great for cruising around the neighborhood.
Exactly. Bikes like yours inspired this build. This was meant to be a simple build with enough parts to be comfortable, but not crazy. Most of the bikes I have have way more power than needed for street riding, and having something more in the middle power-wise ends up being plenty of fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.