PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got off work today, had a coors light and wanted to take a spin on the bike. Had to throw the rear wheel on quick and I went cruisin around the house and our track we had built behind our barn. Go into a berm and clutch it only for the rearend to slide out and the bike laid down. I pick it up quick as its still running and go to take off again to find out this is broken!

The bike might as well of fell over as easy as it layed down. Its not even like it was hard packed dirt either. The track was just built and never packed, you almost have to ride the clutch to get out of the corner its so soft!

So what the heck are my options now... By the looks of it my 15min ride ran me $150 bucks :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
where are you at in ohio? and bout the bike i dont know what to say man just buy new and make it better after every break

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
with an asv lever that wouldnt of happened... none the less that sucks maybe email them and explain what happened.

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeeze 2min replys lol Im from NE ohio, the massillon/canton area. Yea I dont think magura would care too much unfortunately. I dont know if an ASV would of done anything. The lever is still fine!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think the brake resivor snapped before the lever did the asv levers are the best and I would give it a try

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
your not supposed to tighten the clamps up. you should be able to move your whole clutch and brake up and downon the bars so they move instead of a broken lever or in this case a broken perch

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lilminis- It was the clutch and the lever didnt snap lol It was just the master cylinder

Monaghan- Thats the thing, when I first seen it the entire perch was bent down. I went to pull it up when I noticed it was broke. The perch actually pulled back up fairly easy, so idn if it was even tight to begin with. But I understand what your saying and it does make sense. Allows it a point to give instead of breaking. Ill have to try that! Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The levers usually have a slot cut in them to create a weak point so that it breaks there before anything else breaks. If you are going to run the same style lever and it doesn't have something like that you could cut a little slot in it yourself. Unless of course the master cylinder hit directly on the ground and that caused it to break, I assume that the lever hit the ground though and the perch must have been the weakest point.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
That looks like ****ty casting to me. It shouldn't have broken that easily on soft dirt. I'd email Magura and bitch about it.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
That sucks! Can i ask what is the need for a hydro clutch? To me its one more thing that can fail.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Rockstar127 said:
Lilminis- It was the clutch and the lever didnt snap lol It was just the master cylinder

He knows. You can get an "unbreakable" asv lever for the clutch (same lever as the brake, you just flip it over) You just need the asv adapter for the magura master and the lever will bend back, like you are saying that may not even be the reason it broke but you should get one anyways and keep the perch just loose enough to have some give on a hit. Hopefully Magura will cut you a break though and at least sell you one for discount, never hurts to ask. Good luck man, sure does suck

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
geezer said:
That sucks! Can i ask what is the need for a hydro clutch? To me its one more thing that can fail.

If things get hairy you can pull the clutch in while you hit the brakes, you can get the motor to rev better out of a turn or before a landing without trying to find a false neutral with the tip of your foot on the shifter of an auto clutch, it eliminates a lot of rotating mass inside the motor for quicker revs. There might be one or two other reasons...

Or are you saying why get a hydro when you could get a cable clutch?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Rockstar127 said:
Monaghan- Thats the thing, when I first seen it the entire perch was bent down. I went to pull it up when I noticed it was broke. The perch actually pulled back up fairly easy, so idn if it was even tight to begin with. But I understand what your saying and it does make sense. Allows it a point to give instead of breaking. Ill have to try that! Thanks!

Oh really, somtimes you just hit things on weird angles and thats all it takes. someone on here will have a replacement for cheep though.

·
Registered
816 Posts
ditch that setup i wouldnt use magura i think cable fells alot better to me and u never have to worry about failure or bleeding or even what happend to the clutch lever in that case good luck man

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
you needed an asv rotator purch mount , i run one and never had a problem.

i have an extra brand new one i'll sell for $25.00 shipped.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Its not magura's fault ;) you crashed and it broke.. that stuff happens sometimes. Ive run a hydro for awhile now and had plenty of hard get offs.. never broke.. Just one of those things....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts