PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the bbr sp-5 forks and my oil seals are leaking bad and i think its because they both have some knicks and scratches in the chrome... is there anything i can do to fix them or smooth them out without having to replace them since they are $165 a piece? i would have pics but i dont really think the damage on the chrome will show up on camera.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
thats what they charge 165? what a bunch of jews....powersportstore sells bran new sp-5s with full clamps for I believe 350

Not sure if anything can be done to extreme scratches besides maybe getting a welder to build it up re-lathe them down and get them re chromed...which would end up being more than 165 bucks anyways

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
they do make fork boots ( like the old accordian style ) and other products used to protect them...fork skins (long ones that cover the tubes)

A pair off xr80 forks should fit sp-5s

I would first try just replacing the fork seals and go over the tubes and just make sure there are no sharp knicks on the tubes that might tear the new seals. Ive seen pretty badly scratched up tubes still not cause the seals to leak....as long as there is no sharp knicks

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
96Justin said:
thats what they charge 165? what a bunch of jews....powersportstore sells bran new sp-5s with full clamps for I believe 350

Not sure if anything can be done to extreme scratches besides maybe getting a welder to build it up re-lathe them down and get them re chromed...which would end up being more than 165 bucks anyways

that is $165 for the whole side..the tube alone is $75 shipped from BBR...just bought one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.