PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Honda cy50 R+P
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and good morning
I have been told that my Honda cy50 exhaust is restricted !
It's the original one can anyone tell me the best way to unrestrict this or is it better just to fit something else cheers

· Registered
35 Posts
Hi, hello again.
Are you sure running a full restricted CY over there in England? Where did you get your bike from?

But to answer your question, opening up a restricted CY50 Muffler is a hard and rocky way. You would need a lot of skill in grinding and welding too. Also a good and untouched CY muffler is very scarce and worthy, i wouldn't risk to destroy it.

This is a pic of a XL50 muffler, th CY ones are quite equal.
There is an inner 12mm pipe going all through the header. It starts right at the joint to cylinder head and ends in the middle chamber of the 3 chamber muffler (red).
Next pipe leads the gases back into the first chamber (yellow).
A third pipe brings the gases into the third and last chamber (green), from where they escape into freedom (blue).

Pliers Wire Electrical supply Cable Metalworking hand tool

To get an aftermarket pipe on webike (from Japan) for an Ape50/100 is easy, but needs a lot of work in customizing too.

So i would try to get a CY80 muffler in good shape, even harder to get than a 50s, but maybe.

Alex

· Registered
Honda cy50 R+P
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, hello again.
Are you sure running a full restricted CY over there in England? Where did you get your bike from?

But to answer your question, opening up a restricted CY50 Muffler is a hard and rocky way. You would need a lot of skill in grinding and welding too. Also a good and untouched CY muffler is very scarce and worthy, i wouldn't risk to destroy it.

This is a pic of a XL50 muffler, th CY ones are quite equal.
There is an inner 12mm pipe going all through the header. It starts right at the joint to cylinder head and ends in the middle chamber of the 3 chamber muffler (red).
Next pipe leads the gases back into the first chamber (yellow).
A third pipe brings the gases into the third and last chamber (green), from where they escape into freedom (blue).

View attachment 274192

To get an aftermarket pipe on webike (from Japan) for an Ape50/100 is easy, but needs a lot of work in customizing too.

So i would try to get a CY80 muffler in good shape, even harder to get than a 50s, but maybe.

Alex
The bike is a jap import i don't know how long it's been in UK when I purchased it two years ago it had a Nova number with but not registered for UK and not been running for many a year but looks good now
Thanks for the information and the picture your right about the exhaust better to keep it as is you can't get another hens teeth
Cheers

Attachments

· Registered
35 Posts
Well, since this is a real R&P there are no restrictions i know about.
Be glad to own one, get new tyres and have fun with the beauty. Those old hardened Bridgestones are original, OK, but they are dangerous.

Alex

· Registered
Honda cy50 R+P
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, since this is a real R&P there are no restrictions i know about.
Be glad to own one, get new tyres and have fun with the beauty. Those old hardened Bridgestones are original, OK, but they are dangerous.

Alex
I only put these Bridgestone on because I was told it would be better to have the original ones on paid £130 for two
Thanks for the information 👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.