PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just talk about this over the phone with Red Baron, but they don't seem to want to answer the phone.

I called Friday last week and got ahold of somebody, but I didn't get a name. I recently got a set of the G2 forks and they didn't come with bearing, I called to talk to someone about ordering some and a lady answered and told me that she would sell them to me for a bit of a discounted price. I didn't have my wallet on me so I couldn't order it at the moment, but told her I would call back as soon as I could. So as soon as I got it I called again only to have no one answer. I have called 26 times now to Red Baron and only 1 of them has been answered, and I have only been trying to reach them for 3 days.

So what's going on? Do they not want my business or what?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Don't ever use email as a first step in contacting a company. Lots of times emails never reach the correct person and that's IF they get out of the general mailbox that customer support emails are sent to. This is especially true if it's one of those webpage emails or forms.

But not answering or returning a call is a different thing alltogether. Shame on Red Baron. I feel a lot of companies in this industry don't feel that they need to support their customers because they know there is a limited supply of parts out there for this niche industry and we'll probably eventually buy again even with ****ty customer service. That sentence sucked, but I'm too tired to rewrite it! :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think that maybe I'll start doing my business with people like firepower, tbolt, and pax.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
redbarons parts arent all that great eaither i wouldnt really trust thier stuff i bought a set of rims off them for my 110 after a few months of riding them they bent like an egg never had that happen in my life and im not casing stuff eaither...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
koby686 said:
redbarons parts arent all that great eaither i wouldnt really trust thier stuff i bought a set of rims off them for my 110 after a few months of riding them they bent like an egg never had that happen in my life and im not casing stuff eaither...

If you bent rims, i really think your spokes arent adjusted right...

I've broke hd spokes before any wheels bend or break. But also if they came from ebay someone may of had you as for the wheels being Red Baron, But also most all companies use china wheels , except for excel. But like bbr hd wheels and spokes even say made in china on the label lol. so all your paying for is a name. :)

But yea red baron is hit or miss, hard to get in touch with and i tried to buy a bike from them last year.. After a week of calls and them promising to email me a list to fill out and fax back. I never got anything nor a bike.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
TyConway said:
If you bent rims, i really think your spokes arent adjusted right...

I've broke hd spokes before any wheels bend or break. But also if they came from ebay someone may of had you as for the wheels being Red Baron, But also most all companies use china wheels , except for excel. But like bbr hd wheels and spokes even say made in china on the label lol. so all your paying for is a name. :)

But yea red baron is hit or miss, hard to get in touch with and i tried to buy a bike from them last year.. After a week of calls and them promising to email me a list to fill out and fax back. I never got anything nor a bike.
who knows what it really is all im saying is the rims say redbaron on the got them from redbaron and they bent pretty bad and ive seen ppl complaining about them so i posted it up thought maybe ppl would like to see what happend.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I called last week to ask about G1s and having a nitrogen cartridge. they answered right away. But the guy working told me Im wrong they dont have nitrogen and blah blah blah...but least they answered and talked to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts