PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would post a project I'm working on.

I started with a '74 z50 I bought on eBay.
I sand blasted and powder coated the frame.
I then bought a set of klx forks from eBay and a triple tree from t-bolt and put them on, but I had to drill out the klx forks to accept the 12mm axle.
I got an extended aluminum swing arm and got a heck of a deal on the pirahna rear disk brake kit for $99. Today I got the Daytona handlebars and put them on

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here you can see the disk brake setup.

I won a bid on a Takegawa multi LCD meter and have a Takegawa headlight on the way. Once I get them put on ill post those pics.
I am also waiting on some nice CNC billet levers I ordered from France.
The plan is to put a YX 140 on it which is also on it's way. I have a 146cc bbk sitting around so ill install that along with a cam.
the goal is to have it street ready for next spring.
So far the only real problem has been the frame. Where the bolt goes through for the swing arm there is some play. My solution is to take it to the local machinist and have him fabricate some brass bushings

For the front brake caliper I have a Brembo on its way from a ktm sx125. I'm going to have to make a custom bracket for that. I have a friend who runs a CNC laser so ill have her cut the bracket for me. At any rate it will be interesting to see if I can make it work.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the bracket made and it works great. I designed the mount in google sketch-up, converted it to G-code and my sister in law cut it out on a cnc laser. Now the klx110 forks have a disc brake from an sx125.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is the bike almost done with the mock-up before i took the tank and side cover to the painter to get it painted candy red. All the lights are working now and i bought the smallest battery shorai makes. It fits perfectly under the side cover and is light enough to be mounted directly to the inside. I also bought an upgraded 75 watt stator form ooracing in England. The wiring proved to be time consuming, but not too hard, i heat shrinked and soldered nearly everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here it is nearly finished. I just need a few little things, like a gas cap that fits. I bought an original honda cap, but its too small. Does anyone know who sells the larger cap for the Chinese tanks? The 146bbk kit and cam are installed too. I used a 26 tooth rear sprocket so hopefully the engine has enough power. I think the paint job turned out really nice, it looks great in the sun.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts