PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a Honda CT70H last April 2019 for $4000. (I had one when I was 12 and I'm now 55) The paint job had many small flaws so I paid some young guy $700 to repaint the entire bike (new decals buried under the clear coat, etc.) Now the paint job has huge cracks all over the place. Needless to say I'm taking him to small claims court because he said he only guarantees his work for 30 days but I still need to find a good painter that knows what they're doing when painting a CT70H in NJ. Any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED, thank you!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I would look for an automotive paint shop with a good reputation. That's my plan for the Baja when I get back to the US. Do some Googling, read some BBB reviews, visit FB pages and see what people are saying. Stay away from Yelp reviews.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
If you want a correct, quality paint job, you need to find someone who specializes in restorations of these bikes. In the NJ area, razzomoto (PM moderator/member Razzo) is the only guy I know. There are guys like marblesmotors.com that sell the correct color-matched paint to do the job, if you find a good painter, or want to send it to him. Expect to pay significantly more for correct paint on your bike. The $700 bucks you paid for the job is not a lot more than it would cost to purchase the three stage paint, primer, solvents, and decals needed to do the job with a quality brand paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts