PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plan is to install a set of NSR 6-spoke rims on my CT70 (eventually).

I'm wondering if anyone else has done it?

The parts I already have:

• NSR rims w/stock rotars
  • NSR early forks, will need fork extensions
  • stock front and rear disk brakes (from Cook's old baja bike)

Things I know I'll need:

• new triple clamp for 30mm forks
  • rear brake mount or swingarm w/brake mount
  • tires and air filler thingies, or just run tubes
  • speedo pickup or digital speedo

So my question is what else do you think I'll need? What have you done that worked well or didn't work? Has anyone done this with the stock CT swing arm?

I just had the rims powdered too (they look better in person)

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Christian, I have a set of heidenaus 110/70-12 if you're intersted.

I'm trying to do the nsr wheels onto stock dax swinger and forks using gcraft bits to run brakes.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
supernes550 said:

I'm trying to do the nsr wheels onto stock dax swinger and forks using gcraft bits to run brakes.

Run these tires! Don't even think about running OEM NSR50 tires on a CT unless you want the tires to look absolutely huge.

I run a 110/70/12 on the back and a Falcon 100/65/12 on the front.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Z said:
Run these tires! Don't even think about running OEM NSR50 tires on a CT unless you want the tires to look absolutely huge.

I run a 110/70/12 on the back and a Falcon 100/65/12 on the front.

its an extra set of tires. i'll be running a set as well.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supernes550 said:

That's exactly what I hoping to find out if it's possible to do w/ the stock swinger. I'd love to not have to by an after market swing arm and incur the extra cost involved with that.

Shoot me a price on the Heidenaus. Are they new? They're K61s? Are you guys running the NSR rims tubeless? I also need to find new tire/air fills for the rims if I run them tubeless. Dan, I'm currently running 10" Heidenaus on my CT that I bought from you a while back, so that's definitely the plan.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
--X-- said:
That's exactly what I hoping to find out if it's possible to do w/ the stock swinger. I'd love to not have to by an after market swing arm and incur the extra cost involved with that.

Shoot me a price on the Heidenaus. Are they new? They're K61s? Are you guys running the NSR rims tubeless? I also need to find new tire/air fills for the rims if I run them tubeless. Dan, I'm currently running 10" Heidenaus on my CT that I bought from you a while back, so that's definitely the plan.

NSR50 rims are tubeless. You need new valve stems? Order them from Honda or any aftermarket automotive valve stem will work. I like the volks racing anodized units.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts